Sports Radio Choices [mod edit title] (1 Viewer)

Todd T

Usually Lurking...
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Since the catholics overtook the Mighty 690...and the sports hangover doesn't exist anymore at 11am, what choices af sports radio are there now for the mornings and/or lunchtime that are local to New Olreans?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

holder's old show was an example and listening to something i can get on tunein for my drive home wasn't what i was asking. I'm just curious is if there is a sportstalk show or 2 that air in the mornings or at lunch that is local to the city.

Thanks.

Hmmmm I believe Scott Alexander is still doing the show on WGSO 990AM at 1pm (he was for a short time, co-host of sportshangover after Larry left, but then Gus left the station and took the hangover name and left scott lol). So right after lunch, but I think that's about as early as you're going to get for sports here in NOLA.

I'm not even sure what comes on before him as the website doesn't have a clear schedule section anywhere. Geez.

WGSO*|*AM RADIO 990

Didn't that whole crew just move to another station? There was a pretty mega 690 thread a while back.

I think Gus still has a show on 106.1 at 3 pm or something like that.

Didn't that whole crew just move to another station? There was a pretty mega 690 thread a while back.

Like the above post, just Gus moved to 106.1 WMTI at 3pm when they made him Sports Director of their station. Scott stayed at WGSO 990am. The Hangover with Gus and Larry originally was on the mighty 690am before moving to 990am for a few short months I believe.

OP was looking for morning or lunchtime local radio. I'm guessing he knows about Gus' Sportshangover at 3.

(Listening to Scott's show on podcast from yesterday right now)

CBS Sports radio 106.1 FM in New Orleans
Dan Patrick @8am
Jim Rome @11 am
Doug Gotttlieb @2pm
Sports Hangover with Gus now @ 3pm
Thanks, I get a bunch that national stuff up here though

Hmmmm I believe Scott Alexander is still doing the show on WGSO 990AM at 1pm (he was for a short time, co-host of sportshangover after Larry left, but then Gus left the station and took the hangover name and left scott lol). So right after lunch, but I think that's about as early as you're going to get for sports here in NOLA.
Thanks, that's what I was looking for.

CBS Sports radio 106.1 FM in New Orleans

Dan Patrick @8am

Jim Rome @11 am

Doug Gotttlieb @2pm

Sports Hangover with Gus now @ 3pm

Web site

106.1 The Ticket New Orleans

Live streaming available

+1 on this. My recent visit the city this is pretty much all I listended to after I found it. National for the most part but easy to listen to. Beats listening to WWL for a possible breaking story I wasnt' already aware of.

On WBOK 1230 AM there's Sport-a-Facts with Ro Brown.

WBOK - 1230 AM New Orleans, LA - Listen Online

This also counts as bit of a self-plug as I've started interning there and have consistently appeared on air to talk sports with him and his guests. Everyone says I have a voice perfect for this kind of work, so we'll see where it leads me.

Haven't known him long but he's got loads of experience and knows about the things I was just flat out not alive for. Wealth of knowledge and has fed me a lot of interesting stories.

Last week we had Curtis Johnson on air.

It airs from 12noon to 1pm every Friday.

Edit: Also, if you tune in to WBOK and hear a movie trailer type promo for the show, that was my idea. And my voice work too.

I'm not even sure what comes on before him as the website doesn't have a clear schedule section anywhere. Geez.

WGSO*|*AM RADIO 990

Eric Asher precedes Scott A. Gus K does Sports hangover at 3 on 106.1 the Ticket on Iheart radio

This also counts as bit of a self-plug as I've started interning there and have consistently appeared on air to talk sports with him and his guests. Everyone says I have a voice perfect for this kind of work, so we'll see where it leads me.

Great news! Congrats! Let us know if you want to change your username to Eman1230. :hihi:

Whodat! :9:

It's not local, but if you can get it, Jay Mohr Sports. Its a blast. Best sports show on radio for entertainment value. I am a Mohrrior!!

Putchya name on it!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom