sportsline's rankings (1 Viewer)

I just can't figure out how the Giants are ranked ahead of us with their Conference record. Also, go figure on the Seahawks as well.

It's just the way it is. We will always be the worst ranked team if records are the same.

I just can't figure out how the Giants are ranked ahead of us with their Conference record. Also, go figure on the Seahawks as well.

Again, this isn't rankings because of win/loss records, points scored, etc.. Its who they think are the better team. Right now after a loss to a 2-6 Pittsburgh team that had looked bad all except one game, no one can agrue this. Its actually being very generious considering where they could have put us.

"The way the defense played in Pittsburgh on Sunday has to be a concern as we head down the stretch. The run defense was dominated."

Actually, I know you can't take out plays in the game -- but except for those two 70+ yard runs, we pretty much kept them in check. Of course, you can't take the runs away and that's the concern, but I don't think we were "dominated."

How can New England still be called in his words an "elite" team after two straight losses, the last one to the Jets! Atlanta is way to high after back to back losses to two of the worst teams in league!

We've lost 2 out of 3 games including 1 to a 2-6 team. In the eyes of the media that could be a sign of another late season collapse. I don't think it is. I think its just a case of the AFC being loaded in my opinion . Both those losses came to AFC teams and thankfully after Sunday we'll be done with the AFC, unless we get to the Super Bowl.

The Giants have lost to arguably the two best teams in the league in Indy and Chicago, and another top 10 team in Seattle. We have lost to a 2-6 team, a 5-4 team, and a top 10 Ravens team that almost lost to the Tennessee Vinces this weekend.

Seahawks have managed a 6-3 record _without_ their two best players who are both returning soon.

Completely understandable.

The Giants have lost to arguably the two best teams in the league in Indy and Chicago, and another top 10 team in Seattle. We have lost to a 2-6 team, a 5-4 team, and a top 10 Ravens team that almost lost to the Tennessee Vinces this weekend.

Seahawks have managed a 6-3 record _without_ their two best players who are both returning soon.

Completely understandable.

Well, yeah, there's that.

But deep down we all know that it's more about the fact that the media A) are a bunch of know-nothing jerks, and B) hate the Saints, always have, and always will.

"The way the defense played in Pittsburgh on Sunday has to be a concern as we head down the stretch. The run defense was dominated."

Actually, I know you can't take out plays in the game -- but except for those two 70+ yard runs, we pretty much kept them in check. Of course, you can't take the runs away and that's the concern, but I don't think we were "dominated."

That's pretty much what I was thinking. Yes, Parker had a career day. But mostly on two runs, and one of which was a total breakdown- (the second where McKenzie inexplicably overran the play by about 10 yards).

I'm still haunted by that stat from last week that ranked us 28th against the run outside of the tackles. That's where Parker got his yards. And in my recollection we were good against him in the middle. If this continues to be a trend and we don't fix it, it will be pretty easy for O.Coordinators to scheme against.

i think comparing games against common opponents....we did a little better than the Giants but give or take one spot is no big deal. Winning will elevate our ratings.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom