Spousal Spat: Cindy McCain responds to Michelle Obama “proud” comments (1 Viewer)

Pure Energy

Rethink Everything
Reaction score
Brookfield, WI — During her introduction of Sen. John McCain at a rally Tuesday, his wife Cindy took a shot at controversial comments recently made by another 2008 spouse.
“I am proud of my country. I don’t know about you? If you heard those words earlier, I am very proud of my country,” Mrs. McCain said while revving up the crowd and introducing her husband.

cat-fight.jpg

http://embeds.blogs.foxnews.com/2008/02/19/cindy-mccain-responds-to-michelle-obama-proud-comments/

I don't think Cindy could handle Michelle. Although her being a former crackhead could give her superhuman strength in certain situations, lol.

That was an incredibly dumb statement by Michelle Obama. Incredibly dumb. Sometimes I wonder what is going on in peoples heads when they say some of the stuff they say.

That was an incredibly dumb statement by Michelle Obama. Incredibly dumb. Sometimes I wonder what is going on in peoples heads when they say some of the stuff they say.

Rookie mistake, and after all those years of Illinois State Senate experience too. :shrug:

:hihi:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ffGpYcTu5GI&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ffGpYcTu5GI&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Rookie mistake, and after all those years of Illinois State Senate experience too. :shrug:

That's a big edge that Hillary has. Her spouse hasn't said anything dumb on the campaign trail so far. :hihi:

That's a big edge that Hillary has. Her spouse hasn't said anything dumb on the campaign trail so far. :hihi:
No doubt. I actually enjoy watching him take control of a heckler (the pro-lifer, the conspiracy theorist, the Obama fan), but I don't think the Republicans are going to make much of an issue of President Clinton's position that Obama's rise was premised on a "fairytale".

However, a presidential candidate's spouse going more the a quarter of a century without feeling pride for her country......They'll have a lot of fun with that one.

No doubt. I actually enjoy watching him take control of a heckler (the pro-lifer, the conspiracy theorist, the Obama fan), but I don't think the Republicans are going to make much of an issue of President Clinton's position that Obama's rise was premised on a "fairytale".

However, a presidential candidate's spouse going more the a quarter of a century without feeling pride for her country......They'll have a lot of fun with that one.

Yeah, if anything McCain is hoping Hillary leaves this one alone so it can be nice and fresh in the general election. I would call it a rookie mistake but even a rookie knows better than this. Rain Man would have paused before making that statement on the stump.

I'm starting to wonder if The Obama's aren't starting to believe they are invulnerable and can say and do anything and people will swoon. Obama has gotten to where he is largely by not making mistakes. His campaign won't survive too many Michelle Moments.

The real problem, of course, is it feeds one of the classic Republican charges against the Democrats, the whole "you hate America"/"you apologize for America"/"I love America more"/etc deal.

Said during the general election it would be one of those oft-repeated Limbaugh/Hannity lines that ends up generating voter turnout for the Republican base. As it is, this'll probably fade within a day (unless Obama stupidly decides to address it and it carries into another news cycle, then it's not a "soundbyte" it's a "story").

It was a really dumb comment, no doubt (or, at the very least, her phrasing of it was) but, if someone is going to say something like that, now is more or less one of the better times to do it.

If Hillary makes an issue of it, the Obama camp gets the needed practice on how to retort before the "Michelle Hates America" PAC gets a chance to hit them with it during the general cycle.

By the time McCain gets a chance to use it (if he chooses), months will have gone by for her to "clarify" her remarks.

They caught another break when Cindy McCain kind of softpedaled her jabs about it. They could have gotten away with being tougher about it but chose not to, for some reason. It'll be hard to them to revisit the issue later on, unless Michelle really loses her grip and repeats it at a later date.

I'm starting to wonder if The Obama's aren't starting to believe they are invulnerable and can say and do anything and people will swoon. Obama has gotten to where he is largely by not making mistakes. His campaign won't survive too many Michelle Moments.

There's a general "rock star" hype around the Obama campaign that I think, to an extent, promotes "loose lips". Think the "I am a Golden God" moment in Almost Famous/Jimmy Paige (or "I'm Keith Hernandaz" from Seinfeld if that's your cup of tea).

This much excitement this early is a little dangerous, especially when you have as sprawling a support base as Obama does. I expect to see all kinds of crazy things to start coming out from the "Obama campaign".

What made this surprising is it came from his wife. She should be coached better by this point.

They caught another break when Cindy McCain kind of softpedaled her jabs about it.

Cindy McCain can't afford to inject herself into this campaign as anything more then "Loving Wife/Supporting Partner". See: CitySaint's post for one of the reasons (no she didn't do "crack" though)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom