Sproles HOF??? (1 Viewer)

GilFinnerty

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
He just passed H Walker to get in the top ten all time all purpose yards. In my mind HOF never crossed my mind but the numbers don't lie,,figured worth a thread.

He is a HOF in my book, but will most likely be overlooked. A gritty and elusive north-south runner with surprising toughness for such a small player......hands-down one of the most underrated players of all-time......what could have been if he stayed in this offense.....their still ALOT left in the tank, so you never know!

If the '11 team had won the Super Bowl, he'd get more consideration.

No way.

He's one of the toughest players I've ever watched play and I love what he does for an offense and his versatility but no way.

He just passed H Walker to get in the top ten all time all purpose yards. In my mind HOF never crossed my mind but the numbers don't lie,,figured worth a thread.

All-purpose yards don't get the same respect that yards from scrimmage get. Brian Mitchell is second all-time with 5,000 more all-purpose yards than Sproles and he isn't in.

Sproles has only a little more than 7,000 yards from scrimmage. Steve Smith, for instance, is 7th on the list of all-purpose and he actually also has 14,500 yards from scrimmage. There's a chance Smith makes the hall at some point for his body of work but I suspect the odds are well in favor of him not ever making it. So for Sproles, there's just no way.

I think so. Hall of fame is for guys you game plan for. Sproles can do it all. He has to be accounted for in the field and is worthy of the hall. If the eagles keep doing well this year. He gets more consideration

If the '11 team had won the Super Bowl, he'd get more consideration.

Hell no. That little loser choked in that playoff game against the niners. He didn't fumble once during the regular season and then fumbled a key punt return.

I'm glad he's gone. He had one good year for us and was pathetic the rest of the time. He and his wench of a wife can rot in Philly. I wish we would of kept Reggie over that loser.

I like Sproles, and wish we hadn't moved on from him. I mean I loved what CJ Spiller and now Tavares Cadet are giving us, but the stability that Sproles would bring would be a god send.

Regarding Sproles and the HOF, look at the guys he compares to. Emmitt Smith, Herschell Walker, Marshall Faulk, etc. those aren't guys he compares to. Those guys were RUNning backs first, all purpose guys second. The guys you want to compare Sproles to are Brian Mitchell, Eric Metcalf. Those guys were gadget players, players like Sproles. If they aren't in, Sproles isn't in.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom