Sproles (1 Viewer)

Clue: there's only one running back on the roster that averages less than 4.5 yards a career for his career.

If you're going to suggest trading a runner, at least start there.:)

That is what this thread is really about. Ingram can't be traded. No team will trade for him. Sproles is the only RB worth any trade value. Still he is not going anywhere and I am happy about it.

This post was not about ME wanting the saints to trade Sproles, but about what we could get for our only back that has trade value.

No doubt that Tavon Austin has speed and skillz, but let's not Canton the guy just because he dominated alot of really bad defenses in the Big XII this past year.

Sproles is arguably the most important skill position weapon the Saints have on offense. To hypothetically go on an acid trip and propose cutting him loose for salary cap savings is, as the old Jewish farts at the deli would say, penny wise and pound foolish.
<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/agiHzS1Dqyk" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>:shrug:

That is what this thread is really about. Ingram can't be traded. No team will trade for him. Sproles is the only RB worth any trade value. Still he is not going anywhere and I am happy about it.

This post was not about ME wanting the saints to trade Sproles, but about what we could get for our only back that has trade value.

Ingram's salary is only 1m per year the next two seasons. At his age I'm guessing a team like the Cardinals or the Jaguars might trade a 5th for him.

Im fine either way, Running back is the least of our concerns.

i mean why not you all talk about trading ingram and he is our best powerback and to me all round back
Ingram is a very good player and I don't see him going anywhere anytime soon.

He's young and would have more value to a run-first offense but Chris Ivory and Pierre Thomas cannot be counted on to stay healthy (think playoffs 2010) which is why I don't see him being traded. unless we by chance come across a workhorse back like Ivory who doesn't have near the same amount of injury issues, Ingram will likely stay put, and should.

Some people must come on here to see if they can break their personal red thumbs record or something. :spit:

You have no idea wo will be available on draft day. Sproles is huge in this offense, austin hasn't played a dow.

Well, he is the one RB we have not talked about trading...and rightfully so. He is a great weapon and key piece in a great offense....BUT...

If we were to trade himwould could do a series of moves to make up for his loss. He makes 3.75 mil this year with 1.5 in dead money. Extend that 1.5 over two years and that is 3 mil in Cap space we save. A team might be willing to give a 3rd for him.

With the 3mil we save we could sign Sebastian Vollmer. We could then draft Tavon Austin to help replace Sproles' productivity. This move would clear up the backfield as Sproles is more of a RB, while Austin is more WR. (Both are dynamic at what they do) WE might even be able to trade back and pick up an extra pick and still get Austin if a team were willing to do that.

It comes down to would you rather have Sproles or Austin and Vollmer and at least one if not two mid round picks?

Keep Sproles or do this, either way we win I think.

Red Thumb Away!

Just to thwart another like minded thread......... what if we traded Drew Brees

Exactly, we could save enough for a ton of players including a mediocre QB on our way to becoming the Bucs if we'd only trade Brees.

28pKq.png

If.... and only if..... you get a stupid attack and have to trade a back. You trade Pierre. Not for what you get. But for the fact that giving the rest of the backs more reps will replace what he contributes.

More importantly........ backs are cheap. No one is going to give anything worth real value for a position that is often filled by ufa's

Brees loves Darren. So yeah. Trade them both back to thechatgers.

Our offense has always been elite under Brees and Payton.

But we became a juggernaut when we added Sproles and Graham.

Okay, I can understand wanting to trade Sproles, he has value, we had a decent offense this year even with him being used poorly and ineffectively, and lastly he's also the reason we signed Travaris Cadet. Sproles will age and we will get less production and no value in the trade market.

However, with Payton being back in the picture it seems like one can't put a value on Sproles for our team. Payton utilizes his backs in more dimensions than any other coach in the leage. So having a back like Sproles seems perfect for the Saints offense.

If we can get decent value for Sproles, I'd say no less than 3rd round, and also sign a solid FA or two, and most importantly, Cadet replace Sproles with little or no drop off.

Sproles would give us 3M... Heyward-Bay is out there.. So is dumervil.. Julian Edelmen.. I'm not saying we can sign them all but if our team can be overall better and more talented with trading Sproles then I'm all for it.

It has to be a perfect... Imagine that

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom