Spy Ricky! (1 Viewer)

MamaRoux

Veteran
Reaction score
I wonder who will be the "Spy" for RW today? I'm pretty sure, with the play action from this formation Miami has fallen in love with, a player must match Ricky's actions to keep him from breaking free. Ron Brown and other wildcat participants will be bottled up with the front four and LB help but maybe Evans or Dunbar should be installed as a "spy" vs Williams to free the rest of our Defense to concentrate on the actual play at hand.

I remember when Coach Mora put Sam Mills on Emmitt Smith when we played the cowgirls years back and Smith wound up with +8 yds TOTAL!~! THAT'S when I realized the genius of dedicating a "spy" personnel package. IN this case, it cuts down the wildcat feature of the misdirection or decoy of Williams and covers him at the same time!

Time will tell and the clock is ticking! Any thoughts from you who may remember that cowboy game and how Mills smothered Emmitt or from any of you who may have thoughts on how to defeat this formation which has everyone in a tizzy? I'm not too worried about it as long as our Defense stays home and protects their gaps but putting someone to cover RS just seems to make sense IMHO!

GEAUX SAINTS GEAUX!!!!!!!!!

IMO, it's the perfect job for The Neck. The surest tackler in the secondary, and the speed to keep up with Ricky around the edge.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom