Spyparty (1 Viewer)

UptownSaintsFan

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Anyone seen anything on this?

It's pretty intriguing...

http://www.gamepro.com/article/news/219318/sign-up-for-the-spyparty-beta/

"SpyParty, for the uninitiated, is an independently-developed two-player game that casts one player as a sniper and the other as a spy infiltrating a party where they have to complete missions. It's the sniper's job to use their one bullet to snuff out the spy's existence, and the spy's job to blend in with the computer-controlled characters whilst completing their tasks."

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/09/05/spyparty-preview-a-triumph-of-reverse-intelligence/

It's a game for two players, both having drastically different experiences. At a party crowded with several AI characters, one player (the spy) must complete several different objectives, such as pulling a book from a shelf and snatching a piece of microfilm or planting a bug on a character labeled as "the ambassador." The AI characters will perform similar actions to the spy, never the exact same actions. Call it reverse intelligence: The human spy attempts to keep his identity secret by trying to act like a computer.

Meanwhile, his competitor the sniper looks on, watching the action from all the angles. He is, at first, utterly blanketed with information, a room full of characters drinking, talking, rifling through books and basically doing things sort of like but not exactly like the spy is tasked with. Still unclear? Read the full PAX manual right here.

I signed up for the beta (I'll sign up for anything - I just like getting email. Don't tell wdf.). Looks like it could be interesting.

On a tangential topic, the old Spy vs Spy game (NES?) was tons of fun.

I signed up for the beta (I'll sign up for anything - I just like getting email. Don't tell wdf.). Looks like it could be interesting.

On a tangential topic, the old Spy vs Spy game (NES?) was tons of fun.

yes

If done right, that sounds really fun for about half an hour.

They really mailed it in when it came to choosing a name.

Beta invites are out, although I haven't downloaded it yet.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom