SR.com TWITTER FEEDBACK (2 Viewers)

JeffDaSaintsGuy

Official SR Twitter Team
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
We are officially in our second full day of tweeting, and we want to know how we are doing. It is important that you let us know of we are giving you the right amount of information and if it's been useful. The only way we can perfect this tool is with your input.

Hope you have been enjoying so far!

TWEET TWEET!

personally, i like it. some have too much updating which is like spam. y'all seem to update with regularity to inform on major issues but not an obnoxious amount like the official saints website.

Perhaps you could use the bit.ly or tinyurl links to link directly to the articles or threads you're referencing. That's really the only thing I think it's lacked so far.

I second the first post. So many sites give you the same item over and over again. Links are nice, but I don't have a data plan, so they are useless to me. But they are great if you are on the road and can go right to the item.

Perhaps you could use the bit.ly or tinyurl links to link directly to the articles or threads you're referencing. That's really the only thing I think it's lacked so far.

Excellent idea. I just tested the ly.com and I think that will work pretty well. Its tough to get it all in with so few characters.

I was thinking it'd be nice whenever a new article goes up on the front page to have it posted direct to twitter. Tease title with a tiny link to the SR.com page with the article.

Other than that very good job so far. Looking forward to continued @saintsreportcom tweets.

oh and shorter name would make it easier for us to retweet your messages so that other football fans who may not be following you guys would get the tweets and become interested in following ya.

personally, i don't understand why i would go to another website to get information from this website, why wouldn't i just come to SR.com in the first place.?.

take that critisism with a grain of salt though, because i think twitter is one of the dumbest things ever invented, why do i care what people i don't know are doing???

personally, i don't understand why i would go to another website to get information from this website, why wouldn't i just come to SR.com in the first place.?.

take that critisism with a grain of salt though, because i think twitter is one of the dumbest things ever invented, why do i care what people i don't know are doing???

Because you can leave twitter up on your desktop using a program like tweetdeck, which pops up tweets from sr.com instantly, inctead of not finding out some kind of big news until you log into SR.com

Also, if you have a cell phone, tweets are much much MUCH smaller than trying to load a full web page, much less a giant thread about something.

Because you can leave twitter up on your desktop using a program like tweetdeck, which pops up tweets from sr.com instantly, inctead of not finding out some kind of big news until you log into SR.com

Also, if you have a cell phone, tweets are much much MUCH smaller than trying to load a full web page, much less a giant thread about something.

It will also send a SMS text to those like me that don't have internet access at work and their phone doesn't either.

I have my account set up so that when there is an update posted to twitter, I get it in a text message. When I am at work, I do not have internet access, so if news breaks, I am in the dark.

Honestly, I feel the same way about twitter as you do. I look at this project as more of a headline service for SR.com users.

What we are trying to do is provided members with updates on big or breaking news because Twitter is especially great when you're on the go. Examples: We sign or cut someone and you are driving in your car or a meeting and cannot get on a computer. You will receive a text message from us w/ that news. Like when Vilma was resigned, I was out running errands and didn't find out for almost two hours later. Had we been on Twitter at that time, I would have known asap.

What we are trying to do is provided members with updates on big or breaking news because Twitter is especially great when you're on the go. Examples: We sign or cut someone and you are driving in your car or a meeting and cannot get on a computer. You will receive a text message from us w/ that news. Like when Vilma was resigned, I was out running errands and didn't find out for almost two hours later. Had we been on Twitter at that time, I would have known asap.
''

That is the same reason I use twitter. It is a very good way to get a message if something happens. That could be a player signing etc. I've also noticed how often when a headsup is posted about player x giving an interview later in the day, how many people who post "if I had only known" posts later that same day. Twitter is a way to get that information before the event even though you're offline.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom