SR constantly freezing up (1 Viewer)

Pa.Saint

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I can usually navigate the home page with an occasional freeze, when I go to the super forum it is constantly freezing. Seems all the pages are loaded with worthless ads, I don't know if these have anything to do with. I am not to comp savvy so if anyone has any ideas I really need them spelled out step by step

Are you on a computer or mobile device?

I wish I knew how to help, but I am not very tech savvy either. It may have something to do with how close you are to the New York state line. :hihi: Sorry, bad joke. If I still lived in Towanda, I would drive over and try to help figure it out. As many tech guys we have among our members, certainly someone will see your thread.

I wish I knew how to help, but I am not very tech savvy either. It may have something to do with how close you are to the New York state line. :hihi: Sorry, bad joke. If I still lived in Towanda, I would drive over and try to help figure it out. As many tech guys we have among our members, certainly someone will see your thread.
35 miles from NY border [western side]

As always, unplug it, wait 30 seconds and then plug it back in. ;)

I've had no issues with the site freezing. I primarily use a Mac and occasionally use an older iPhone 6 (both via Safari browser). Are you running any type of add-on "advertisement blocker" with the Chrome browser?

Last edited:
i can't diagnose the problem but i bet the solution is going to be cleaning out the cache

I clean cache all the time and still have the same problem. Much larger sites like facebook load without problems. I use google chrome and get timeout messages only for SR.

I am on an older desktop and was just perusing the site on Chrome after reading this, and then spent some time in Firefox and Microsoft Edge.
I had no issues other than Chrome did not scroll as smoothly as Firefox and Microsoft Edge did, and the text displayed larger on Chrome than it did the others. No freezing up issues on any of them.

When I have had occasional freeze ups, the reason is usually due to something else, or a combination of things eating up resources. For example, having too many browser windows and programs open. Having Norton or MalwareBytes updating or scanning in the background, Outlook Syncing, and/or Windows downloading an update.

I would try rebooting, and if you still have problems, try another browser like Firefox.

Personally... I don't use Chrome. I just never liked it. I tried it for a few weeks and there was always something screwy going on with it. So I just stick with Mozilla Firefox where I rarely have had any issues, ever.

Personally... I don't use Chrome. I just never liked it. I tried it for a few weeks and there was always something screwy going on with it. So I just stick with Mozilla Firefox where I rarely have had any issues, ever.

I've used Chrome for years and love it.. No issues... With that said...

I have no issues with SR,,, BUT... there have been a couple times as of late that I do get a hang up.. and in the lower left corner I continue to get "Waiting For".. basically scripts and ads trying to load... So far it hasn't been bad enough to warrant a complaint... and I have not been able to exactly identify whats going on.. Seems it's just once or twice. But I do know it is some kind of ad loading problem...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom