SR Member Demographics: How Many Live In or Around NOLA v. Out Of Town (1 Viewer)

How Many SR Members Live in NOLA v. Out of Town??

• I Live In The Greater New Orleans (or Southern La.) Region

Votes: 57 31.7%
  • I Live Somewhere Other Than The Greater New Orleans (or Southern La.) Region

Votes: 123 68.3%

• Total voters
From bayou Lafourche, moved to houston almost 4 years ago. Looking to get back to the bayou, but looking for the right job. Off the bat, I would be making 15-20% less in the NOLA area compared to Houston. I'm curious of all the people that no longer live in NOLA area, how many plan or are making plans to move back?

Left for the Navy at 17 and haven't been back to live. I've tried a few times but can never find work even remotely close to what I'm making away from the city. I'd love to move back home but quality of life for my family > love for New Orleans.

Lived in New Orleans most of my "unmarried life"....I now reside in Kenner, La....about 10 miles from New Orleans...

Born at Baptist, raised in Algiers, tormented Kanona29 in high school, then left for Texas.

I live at the bottom of the ocean where I spend all day ringing out sponges to replace the water lost by evaporation.

Grew up in Algiers, graduated from O. Perry Walker and then LSU, lived in New Orleans for another 2 years before moving to northern NJ so Drew could pursue his opera career. After 14 years there, we decided to move back south, and picked Houston since it's between my family in New Orleans and his family in San Antonio, and also for the better schools for my autistic son. New Orleans, no matter how badly I'd ever want to go back, simply cannot offer what my son needs. It's still "home", however! :)

Born and raised in Metairie. Enlisted in the Marine Corps and just finished a 3 year tour (04-07) with the Recruiting Station down in bywater.

Have never considered getting a tattoo other than the boot right over my heart. I am a overly proud LA native

Born and raised Wessbank trash. But live on the east-side of Duhlas.

Left for the Navy at 17 and haven't been back to live. I've tried a few times but can never find work even remotely close to what I'm making away from the city. I'd love to move back home but quality of life for my family > love for New Orleans.

Maybe if you sell another screenplay you could retire to NOLA. :9:

Born in Picayune (MS) where I spent most of my childhood. Lived in Gonzales and LaPlace as a kid. Worked offshore (Eastbay) as a roustabout when an oldtimer out there told me to go to school. I listened but it resulted in my having to move to find a job. Now in NC...not a bad place but not home either.

Born and raised in New Orleans, grew up as a tot on AP Tureaud, right across the street from St. Augustine High School. Family moved to East New Orleans (Lake Bullard), when I was 10, and I moved to Harvey once I graduated from Xavier University of New Orleans. Got married, still lived in Harvey, then moved to Slidell almost 6 years ago. Recently, there have been career opportunities offered to me that have my wife and I considering Austin, Dallas, St. Paul, MN., Los Angeles, and Manhattan. Not sure where any of that is going to lead, and we might just stand pat for another year or two.

Grew up in Metairie. Moved to Houston for 4 years after graduating from Southeastern. Then 4 years in Blacksburg, VA, followed by 11 years in Connecticut before finally getting back South. Last year we moved north of Houston, so we could be within a day's drive of family again.

We had an opportunity to move to the Northshore last year, but the job wasn't as good as the one here, and the cost of living was much higher for a lower standard of living and schools that were not as good. So like others have said, we got close to Louisiana, but saw more and better opportunities elsewhere.

Born and raised in Minnesota. Moved to Miami, FL in 1988. It will be 20 years tomorrow that I've been here. I figure I've been here 15 years too long........

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom