SR Non-Official Mock Draft 5th Round Thread! (3 Viewers)

The Saints select....

Florida_logo.gif
Josh Evans, S, Florida
Height: 6-1. Weight: 207.
40 Time: 4.58.
Projected Round (2013): 3-5.
3/30/13: Evans was solid for Florida in 2012 and led the team in tackles with 83. He also totaled three passes broken up, 2.5 sacks and three interceptions. Evans was a good run-defender and did well in pass coverage. He had 51 tackles, 2.5 tackles for a loss, one sack, one pass breakup and one interception in 2011.

Evans was one of the top safeties at the East-West Shrine and consistently made his presence felt. He held his own at the Combine.
5RQWn.St.56.jpeg

11682319.jpg

512x.jpg

With the 12th Pick in the 5th the Chargers Select

TCU_logo.gif
Stansly Maponga*, DE/OLB, TCU
Height: 6-2. Weight: 256. Arm: 34.18.
Projected 40 Time: 4.75.
Projected Round (2013): 4-5.

StanslyMaponga_display_image.jpg

123417949.jpg

3/2/13: Maponga totaled 26 tackles, four sacks and two forced fumbles this year. He had a disappointing season and needs to develop some pass-rushing moves. Maponga made a mistake entering the 2013 NFL Draft, but he showed some good strength at the Combine with 30 reps on the bench press.

8/27/12: Maponga was a play-maker for TCU in 2011, and he was a disruptive force as a pass-rusher. The speedy Maponga totaled 55 tackles with 13.5 tackles for a loss, nine sacks and five forced fumbles. Not only is he quick off the edge, he has natural pad level and leverage to turn the corner.

Maponga broke into the starting lineup as a freshman and recorded 32 tackles with 2.5 sacks. TCU is planning on him being a pass-rushing force in 2012. If the junior duplicates his 2011 season, he could declare for the 2013 NFL Draft. Maponga looks like a natural 3-4 outside linebacker.

This is the point in the draft where you start looking for diamonds. And seeing as Maponga could possibly be developed into a pass rushing monster he will be quite welcomed. You can never have too many pas rushers.

San Diego draft:
Rd. 1 Johnathan Cooper - G - UNC
Rd. 2 Manti Te'o - ILB - Notre Dame
Rd. 3 Travis Frederick - G/C - Wisconsin
Rd. 4 Jordan Mills - OT - Louisiana Tech
Rd. 5 Stansly Maponga - OLB - TCU

Did anybody get a board from the Dolphins GM? If there is no interest to continue this I'm not going to keep wasting my time, this is the like 4th GM to miss his pick today and yesterday.

With the 12th Pick in the 5th the Chargers Select

TCU_logo.gif
Stansly Maponga*, DE/OLB, TCU
Height: 6-2. Weight: 256. Arm: 34.18.
Projected 40 Time: 4.75.
Projected Round (2013): 4-5.

StanslyMaponga_display_image.jpg

123417949.jpg

3/2/13: Maponga totaled 26 tackles, four sacks and two forced fumbles this year. He had a disappointing season and needs to develop some pass-rushing moves. Maponga made a mistake entering the 2013 NFL Draft, but he showed some good strength at the Combine with 30 reps on the bench press.

8/27/12: Maponga was a play-maker for TCU in 2011, and he was a disruptive force as a pass-rusher. The speedy Maponga totaled 55 tackles with 13.5 tackles for a loss, nine sacks and five forced fumbles. Not only is he quick off the edge, he has natural pad level and leverage to turn the corner.

Maponga broke into the starting lineup as a freshman and recorded 32 tackles with 2.5 sacks. TCU is planning on him being a pass-rushing force in 2012. If the junior duplicates his 2011 season, he could declare for the 2013 NFL Draft. Maponga looks like a natural 3-4 outside linebacker.

This is the point in the draft where you start looking for diamonds. And seeing as Maponga could possibly be developed into a pass rushing monster he will be quite welcomed. You can never have too many pas rushers.

San Diego draft:
Rd. 1 Johnathan Cooper - G - UNC
Rd. 2 Manti Te'o - ILB - Notre Dame
Rd. 3 Travis Frederick - G/C - Wisconsin
Rd. 4 Jordan Mills - OT - Louisiana Tech
Rd. 5 Stansly Maponga - OLB - TCU

Interesting pick there!

Interesting pick there!

It was between him and Buchanon. They are very similar in thier games but I went with Maponga cause he has the superior strength of the two. It was basically a coin flip. I wanted a pass rusher and took the one I thought would work a little better in the rotation. And with his strength he might be able to play the other side in the 3-4. But still......it was basically a coin flip.

Did anybody get a board from the Dolphins GM? If there is no interest to continue this I'm not going to keep wasting my time, this is the like 4th GM to miss his pick today and yesterday.

I sent him a PM

We can always just pick kickers for the rest of the GMs that miss their turn. :hihi:

The Miami dolphins select:
Andre Ellington RB Clemson

I am on my phone so a write up will come later... Fact of the matter is we need a RB, and Andre Ellington is great value in the 5th round

With their 5th round pick, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select

DT Jordan Hill, Penn State
6'1" 303 lbs
5.17 40

OVERVIEW A mediocre prep recruit out of Harrisburg, Pa., Hill signed with Rutgers but changed his mind after Penn State, his dream school, offered him a scholarship.
He was forced to sacrifice his redshirt in 2009 and get on the field to help with depth issues, starting a combined four games over his first two seasons. Hill had his breakout campaign in 2011 as a junior (13 starts), recording 59 tackles, 8.0 tackles for loss, 3.5 sacks and a forced fumble and earning All-Big Ten Honorable Mention honors.

With Devon Still playing on Sundays in 2012, Hill was the leader of the Penn State defensive line as a senior. He set career-bests with 4.5 sacks and 8.5 tackles for loss, adding his only career interception.

Hill has only average size for the position and lacks the dominating strength to bully or overpower blockers at the point of attack, but his agility and active playing style are intriguing. Hill has nice burst off the snap with the lateral quickness and movement skills to be a relentless interior defender. He looks most comfortable as a one-gap nose tackle and should be a reliable rotational player in the NFL.

Strengths: Good lateral agility with quick feet to sidestep blockers and knife through the offensive line. Flexible body type to make smooth movements and a quick first step when he correctly times up his get-off. Plays low with natural leverage. Ordinary upper body strength but active and strong hands and wrists.
Keeps eyes elevated at the line of scrimmage to get his hands on passes (even snatched an interception against Virginia in 2012). Good raw power for his smaller frame and plays with a feisty temperament. Goes hard on every play and can be a pesky player to block with his nonstop motor and effort. Was spark plug of Penn State defensive line and rarely left the field. Plays smart. Rangy to make plays outside the numbers.

Compares To: Trevor Laws, DT, St. Louis Rams - Quick, undersized interior players who project best as rotational and depth players than long-term starters.

PERSONAL REFLECTION: This is simply a BPA pick that could not be passed. Most boards have this guy in the 3rd or 4th round. He will provide good depth.

Panthers select.....
Earl Wolff, S, N.C. State

Fill a huge need at S with a great low risk high ceiling pick.

Champs+Sports+Bowl+West+Virginia+v+North+Carolina+9d4XvKmU8w2l.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom