SR Non-Official Mock Draft Results [Year-old thread revisited] (2 Viewers)

Now that the year is over, I thought it'd be cool to go back and see how our drafts turned out. I think a few did better than the actual GM's of their teams.

Minnesota Vikings-GM- LHStigers03

1st- ILB Kevin Minter (LSU)
1st- WR Keenan Allen (California)
2nd- OG Larry Warford (Kentucky)
3rd- CB Tyrann Mathieu (LSU)
4th- DE William Gholston (Michigan State)
5th- RB Joseph Randle (Oklahoma State)
6th- TE Michael Williams (Alabama)
7th- OG Earl Watford (James Madison)
7th- P/K Quinn Sharp (Oklahoma State)
7th- CB/S Prentiss Waggner (Tennessee)

The Vikings picked up some solid players in the real draft last year, but I'm glad it wasn't as good as LHSTigers' draft. One year in, I think this was the best class.

-LB K. Minter slid to mid 2nd round and didn't see the field much this year. The jury is still out on him. But the next 3 picks were homeruns!
-WR K. Allen finished with 1000 Rec Yds and 8 TDs and was just named OROY..
-OG L. Warford finished with a PFF grade of +22.8 (the highest ever for a rookie guard) and was named PFF's OROY
-CB T. Mathieu was exceptional before his season ended with injury. Named to Pro Football Writers All Rookie Team.

San Francisco 49ers-GM- Stew

1st- FS Eric Reid (LSU)
2nd- OLB Alex Okafor (Texas)
2nd- DT/DE Kawann Short (Purdue)
3rd- OT Chris Faulk (LSU)
4th- WR Marquise Goodwin (Texas)
4th- TE Joseph Fauria (UCLA)
5th- CB Rod Sweeting (Georgia Tech)
5th- NT Kwame Geathers (Georgia)
6th- C Braxston Cave (Notre Dame)
7th- QB Jordan Rodgers (Vanderbilt)
7th- CB Marcus Cromartie (Wisconsin)
7th- ILB Jonathan Stewart (Texas A&M)

Stew had some solid picks.
-LB A. Okafor and OT C. Faulk appear to be reaches at this point. Okafor went in the 4th and Faulk went undrafted.
-FS E. Reid and DT K. Short were both named to Pro Football Writers All Rookie Team and would make (have made in Reid's case) the 9er's defense even scarier.
-TE J. Fauria established himself as a dangerous red zone target with 7 TD's this year.

Miami Dolphins-GM- WhodatColston

1st- CB Desmond Trufant (Washington)
2nd- OT Menelik Watson (FSU)
2nd- S Bacarri Rambo (Georgia)
3rd- OLB Chase Thomas (Stanford)
3rd- TE Gavin Escobar (San Diego State)
<O:p4th- WR Aaron Dobson (Marshall)</O:p
<O:p5th- RB Andre Ellington (Clemson)
5th- CB Brandon McGee (Miami)</O:p
<O:p7th- WR Jasper Collins
(Mount Union)
</O:p

<O:p7th- OG Eric Herman (Ohio)</O:p
<O:p7th- CB Demontre Hurst (Oklahoma)</O:p

The Dolphins found some sleepers in the later rounds and nailed their 1st round pick
-CB D. Trufant looks like he'll be a solid corner in this league for years.
-OT M. Watson struggled with injuries and didn't see the field much this year, but I really think he'll turn out to be a solid RT or LT if he can stay healthy.
-LB C. Thomas turned out to be a waste of a 3rd rounder, but I can't fault WhoDatColston. I think we all overvalued him.
-WR A. Dobson got much better as the season progressed. Brady showed a lot of trust in the rookie, and he should be one of the Patriots leading receivers for the next few years.
-RB A. Ellington in the 5th was a steal! He's an explosive playmaker. Man, I wish the Saints would've pulled the trigger on him. He was taken 4 picks after we took Rufus.

New York Giants-GM- andyb33

1st- DT Sheldon Richardson (Missouri)
2nd- CB David Amerson (N.C. State)
3rd- OLB Sio Moore (UConn)
4th- OT Reid Fragel (Ohio State)
5th- TE Levine Toilolo (Stanford)
6th- RB Marcus Lattimore (South Carolina)
7th- OLB Steve Beauharnais (Rutgers)
7th- OG Omoregie Uzzi (Georgia Tech)
Overall, I'm happy with my draft after one year. It could look better if Lattimore and Amerson turn out ok.
-DE S. Richardson excelled in Rob Ryan's defense this year. Narrowly beaten out by Kiki Alonso for DROY. PFF gave him a grade of +30.4 (5th among all 3-4 DE's.)
-CB D. Amerson started for a horrendous Washington secondary, and was very inconsistent. He has the skill set, but the jury is still out.
-LB S. Moore won a starting OLB job with the Raiders, and was named to PFW's All Rookie Team. Looked great against the run.
-OT R. Fragel was a reach. He ended up going to the Bengals in the 7th before being waived and picked up by the Browns at the end of training camp.
-RB M. Lattimore sat out this year, as expected. I picked him 2 rounds later than he went in the real draft, so I'm happy with the value I got for him. I can't wait to see him in action next year, although I wish he were running for another team.

Looking forward to doing it again this year.

Im happy that I took Larry Warford in round 1 of the official draft since he was rated so high.

I took Terron Armstead in rd 2.

The rest of my picks seemed to have mostly redshirt years.

bump

I'm hoping we can get this started up again this year.

are we doing it again?

Hopefully. I Pmed Stew this afternoon. If he doesn't have time this year, maybe someone else will be able to get everything organized.

i think the two teams per gm worked well we should try that again

The Steelers franchise is available if anyone wants them. I'll keep Seattle though.

If anyone else wants a team, post your top choices. Both new people and returning managers. The people from last year should get to keep their primary team from last year if they choose, but everything else should be up for grabs. If we have enough participants, we can do one team per member but otherwise two seemed to work.

I'll take Cleveland, St. Louis, Jacksonville or Minnesota in that order

i remember this mock sorta required people to take on 2 teams ha....people REALLY lose interest fast in this one for some reason

I think it's because it takes more work and patience than people expect.

I def want in, just like every year

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom