SR Where are they now/what ever happened too? (1 Viewer)

And, I'm surprised that no one brought up one of my favorite old timers, Chairman LMAO (or I missed it). I've kept up with him. I think he just lurks, now.

Haven't heard that name in a good while. I'm with Andrus, hope he gets back in the discussions. He's got plenty to offer imo.

I believe furcal and okawesome were the same poster

I was trying to remember what his old handle was. And didn't St. Tammany change his as well? There have been enough name changes over the years to confuse me. Lol.

Last edited:
Hey guys, after being an active member here for over 15 years, I have made many of friends and seen people come and go. It got me thinking about past regulars on here and whatever happened to them. I figured that I can’t be the only member with this train of thought and that I would start a thread where we can ask these questions and hopefully we can even answer some.

I’ll start with just a few to get it going hopefully. BDM

DeanInLa
Jay Foster
Big Chin Guy
504 Girl
Some of my best memories are from ra in the chat.

I remember being in a fantasy league with weather chad and tucsonsaint. Good times. Man did Tucson and chad post a bunch.

I know Tucson still reads the board but loves lurking and supposedly less stress is caused. Really hope chad and weather are doing well. Miss David Robbins also.

What great diehards. It’s like a good bar with all different types of personalities. Here’s to the thousands who have made this place special over the years.

Thousands. Not only is this the best Saints website on the planet and has been for 20 some-odd years, but I would say one of the top NFL forums in the world. I walk the line and get into troubles now and then, but I recognize and respect that this is the best forum on the planet imo.
Props for all all of us, the posters here and staff/ownership alike. It just works.. ;) :sr1:

I first found this place on the day when Daunte Culpepper dribbled the ball into the endzone from three yards out, ending the Saints playoff hopes.
When was that? '02? 03?

Started posting in '04.
It was '02 IIRC. I went out the front door, grabbed my Saints flag out of its bracket, and hurled it into the park next door where it stuck in the ground like a javelin. 9-4, we only needed one win against 3 teams with a combined record of like 3-23, couldn't get it. However, it was the 10-7 loss at Carolina the following Sunday that did us in for good.

The days....:hihi:

Last edited:
It was '02 IIRC. I went out the front door, grabbed my Saints flag out of its bracket, and hurled it into the park next door where it stuck in the ground like a javelin. 9-4, we only needed one win against 3 teams with a combined record of like 3-23, couldn't get it. However, it was the 10-7 loss at Carolina the following Sunday that did us in for good.

The days....:hihi:

That's right.

The week before was the game in Baltimore where it was 19 degrees at kickoff for the late afternoon game (and it got much colder as it got dark). There was still a bunch of snow around the area too, which I remember because I was pelted with snow balls on the way out of the game. :hihi:

I just want to echo the sentiments of others who've mentioned this is not only a top-notch fan site, but a great group of people in general. Outside sports, many of us have been through some hard times, and you can always get support here. We've all had some triumphs to celebrate and some tragedies to lament. I've gotten great advice on travel, legal matters, and just about anything else you care to name. I only hope I've given back anywhere near what I've received :)

edit: a poster/mod whom I've not seen in a while is Kooldak. I hope he is well

Last edited:
Saintterps, totally OT, but since you're a long term Maryland native and I assume you don't live too terribly far away from Baltimore or Washington D.C.(Maryland in terms of size of topography about equal to the size of Belgium, not a very large state) how many Saints games have you been to to support them when they played Ravens or Redskins? Did you go to Saints/Ravens game this past October, the one where Tucker missed a game-tying XP with 20 seconds left in regulation that would've sent the game into OT? I know we played the Ravens in Baltimore back in 2010 and Redskins in Land over in 2015(although we got blown out that day, badly).

Just curious, that's all. I have been having some discussions with my Dad about possibly spending some time in DC this Christmas. Christmas holiday season, ironically, is probably one of the best times to visit DC because mostly all politicians and related-business is on recess till the following New Year and the city itself is remarkably very quiet, save for tourists and busy locals doing holiday shopping. We're considering making reservations to fly into DC maybe a week or two before Christmas Day and stay for 4-5 days if we can spare some extra time to visit few more museums, Smithsonian, Holocaust Museum, Vietnam Veterans Memorial, etc.

Saintterps, totally OT, but since you're a long term Maryland native and I assume you don't live too terribly far away from Baltimore or Washington D.C.(Maryland in terms of size of topography about equal to the size of Belgium, not a very large state) how many Saints games have you been to to support them when they played Ravens or Redskins? Did you go to Saints/Ravens game this past October, the one where Tucker missed a game-tying XP with 20 seconds left in regulation that would've sent the game into OT? I know we played the Ravens in Baltimore back in 2010 and Redskins in Land over in 2015(although we got blown out that day, badly).

Just curious, that's all. I have been having some discussions with my Dad about possibly spending some time in DC this Christmas. Christmas holiday season, ironically, is probably one of the best times to visit DC because mostly all politicians and related-business is on recess till the following New Year and the city itself is remarkably very quiet, save for tourists and busy locals doing holiday shopping. We're considering making reservations to fly into DC maybe a week or two before Christmas Day and stay for 4-5 days if we can spare some extra time to visit few more museums, Smithsonian, Holocaust Museum, Vietnam Veterans Memorial, etc.
Hey Saintman, I've had the pleasure of seeing the Saints play the Redskins like 8-9 times. I think the Saints won 5 of them. Yeah that loss in 2015 was ugly.

I did indeed go to the Saints/Ravens game in Baltimore last October, and it was great to see Brees beat the last team against which he was winless.

As neither team is really a rival per se, both fan bases are pretty respectful. Ravens fans were really cool, even after the game. you can wear your colors without fear in both stadiums. Fed Ex field is a crappy place to see a game, however. Poorly laid out and kind of an eyesore. Ravens Stadium is a much better experience; much easier to get to and much more fan-friendly.

Enjoy your stay in DC! I'm about 2 hours away, but we have relatives in Alexandria, and will probably be up for the holidays. PM me, maybe we can grab a few cold ones? :)

I haven't see SharonT pop in yet. Is she still a Mod?

Red Fish used to post a lot. Last I heard about him is that he fell out of his deer climbing stand and really got messed up.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom