SR Where are they now/what ever happened too? (1 Viewer)

BLUE_DOG_MAN

KCCO
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sticky Post
Hey guys, after being an active member here for over 15 years, I have made many of friends and seen people come and go. It got me thinking about past regulars on here and whatever happened to them. I figured that I can’t be the only member with this train of thought and that I would start a thread where we can ask these questions and hopefully we can even answer some.

I’ll start with just a few to get it going hopefully. BDM

DeanInLa
Jay Foster
Big Chin Guy
504 Girl

insidejob

Respect existence or expect resistance.
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
Been quite some time since cpg entertained the EE with some pretty awesome stories.

Anyone know what's up with him?

Krodwhodat

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I would think there is a strong possibility that he is back as St. DotJeezy or whatever....same M.O.

AKA "air yards", ect...
i didnt think you were able to come back as a different name after banned or have 2 accounts. if thats the case I'll be back in a minute (but you wont know)

BobE

Now with Covfefe
Reaction score
Been quite some time since cpg entertained the EE with some pretty awesome stories.

Anyone know what's up with him?

Sadly he got sent to band camp. He got really drunk one night and went out blazing. I used to keep up with him on twitter but he has been MIA from there for a while too.

saintmdterps

Upon my soul I feel fine
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sadly he got sent to band camp. He got really drunk one night and went out blazing. I used to keep up with him on twitter but he has been MIA from there for a while too.
Yeah, he really went sideways. He was posting bizarre rantings and his avatars were disturbing to say the least. I don't know what happened to him, but he wasn't the same guy who started the "I am an idiot" thread, which was hilarious.

Hedon James

the agitant f/k/a Jekylz Hyde
Reaction score
Garden of Hedon...wherever I am, there I are...
Andrus filled me in on Eaux-Yeah some months ago, but some others from the "alt-os" thread in the tech boards;

Jekylz Hyde
llama (still says "very banned" still don't know what he did")
Still here Buick, and still using Linux exclusively on ALL my machines. I just changed my handle, quite recently as a matter of fact. After 20+/- years on SR, figured it was time. Way back on the AOL boards, I was JimJag. I remember this because I had finally purchased my dream car, a 1987 Series 3 Jaguar Vanden Plas, in my favorite color (gold), with tan and black leather interior shortly before I found the Saints board on AOL. That car cost me my first marriage. It was a fair trade, as far as I'm concerned.

XLR8

Very Banned
Reaction score
I remember the ‘06 crawl, and the party at “Rock N Bowl.” Sure is sad about Hammernnails, he was a great guy. I was looking through these pics and then was surprised to see myself in the very last one. Anyone know who I’m taking with? (I’m the guy in the white cap.)

Ha, that’s me in the white hat.

That guy in the orange Zephyr shirt used to be an usher for the Zephyrs back when I was a Zephyrs season ticket holder. I believe his name was Wesley or something like that. It is a shame new ownership ruined our minor league baseball team . I think they are moving next year.

Anyway this is really cool . I’m learning about the history of this forum. .Keep up the good work fellas.

saintmdterps

Upon my soul I feel fine
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Loved reading through this. Lots of good times up here. Echo the thnx sentiments, it’s meant a lot.
I miss the recipe threads and watching the EE board go off the rails was always good for a kick.
My friend, it is good to have you back after your hiatus :)

PM me if you "go downey ayshun" :beerchug:

Last edited:

Andrus

Owner/Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
2004 SR.com game. First trip to NO and a win over KC.
Good pics JDF! :9: I also see Saintlybum, Helofixer and DavidM in that last one. Don't know what is up with Bum and Madhunter with the earlicking. LOL! Is that TravelingSaints fan in the back right?

Man I was heavy in those days. Then in 2005 I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism, prescribed Synthroid and dropped about 40lbs within 6 months without dieting.

I put on about 20 lbs over the past year, feel the symptoms and am due a wellness check. I am pretty sure I am due a dosage adjustment and probably don't have much (if any) thyroid gland left. Then again, it could be too many Deano's pizzas. :hihi:

Seriously, as you get older you should have your thyroid checked once a year, especially if you have gained unexplained weight, feel tired, depressed or feel a lump in your lower neck. I had a large goiter, but fortunately it wasn't cancerous. Scary stuff.

kanona29

Finish Strong!!
VIP Contributor
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Good pics JDF! :9: I also see Saintlybum, Helofixer and DavidM in that last one. Don't know what is up with Bum and Madhunter with the earlicking. LOL! Is that TravelingSaints fan in the back right?

Man I was heavy in those days. Then in 2005 I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism, prescribed Synthroid and dropped about 40lbs within 6 months without dieting.
I put on about 20 lbs over the past year, feel the symptoms and am due a wellness check. I am pretty sure I am due a dosage adjustment and probably don't have much (if any) thyroid gland left. Then it could be too many Deano's pizzas. :hihi:

Seriously, as you get older you should have your thyroid checked once a year, especially if you have gained unexplained weight, feel tired, depressed or feel a lump in your lower neck. I had a large goiter, but fortunately it wasn't cancerous. Scary stuff.
Not to derail the thread. But can you tell me the exact location of the lump you found on your neck? I have a small lump on the lower right side of my neck that I discovered about 2 years ago and I gained 29 lbs. I started a job almost 3 years ago that allows me to work from home so I believed that was the cause of the weight gain. I just recently lost 19 of those lbs and working on the remaining 10lbs and hope to continue losing even more.

But maybe something else is going on...

Andrus

Owner/Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Not to derail the thread. But can you tell me the exact location of the lump you found on your neck? I have a small lump on the lower right side of my neck that I discovered about 2 years ago and I gained 29 lbs. I started a job almost 3 years ago that allows me to work from home so I believed that was the cause of the weight gain. I just recently lost 19 of those lbs and working on the remaining 10lbs and hope to continue losing even more.

But maybe something else is going on...
Have it checked out anyway. Mine was located on the lower right side of my neck also.

Ross

Scottish Who Dat!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Optamist Saint's old thread when the guy from England (cant remember his screen name) came live with him for a while made for some fun reading
Yeah that was me, I'm from Scotland though. Username was ross_s_cfc at the time. Changed it recently.

The epic 'I'm an idiot' thread pretty much led to a small community on the EE board with a lot of the members mentioned in this thread. Unfortunately the thread Optimus Saint - (RayBot) posted about my trip was ultimately the end of that community of posters being as active on here, some of them ended up quitting SR altogether as a result.

The thread was filled with hijinx and tales of my three month stay in New Orleans throughout the 2010 season which was met with positive reactions and some good laughs. However things got weird as soon as Ray posted that he'd just dropped me off at the airport and I was on my way home to Scotland. A mixture of grumpy, salty EE board participants and prominent BTL posters who were basically nothing more than trolls hijacked the thread and made their colourful and out of the blue opinions about me known to all. "Good riddance, hope immigration never let him back in" things to that effect. Conveniently started to air as soon as I had left the country.

When other members would try and defend me, they would then be the subject of these personal attacks with no obvious repercussions from the admins at the time. I myself travelled home for two days without internet access completely unaware of the tone the thread had taken logged on expecting to continue some conversations that were running prior to my flights only to see my friends being insulted, and in one case derogatory comments about one members wife.

I have no idea, why the active admins at the time allowed this to happen, however when I attempted to defend myself and also my friends who were being abused and attacked in that thread I was given several infractions and warnings about my conduct.

So at which point we wound up creating a Facebook group of 30+ where we could continue our discussions without the participation of said trolls.

Don't get me wrong without Saints Report I would never have made the first of my several trips to New Orleans, I have made friends for life through this forum and that first trip to New Orleans opened my eyes to the big wide world out there and as a result have since lived in Australia and Asia. That said, I'm still really disappointed with the way the situation was handled and that many prominent members were driven away for good. Unfortunately the trolls won.

I did dig that thread up a few years ago to have a read through and most of the posts that caused the problems and arguments have since been deleted.

I still lurk on here sometimes, as do some of the other guys and gals but posts are few and far between now.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom