SR Where are they now/what ever happened too? (1 Viewer)

2004 SR.com game. First trip to NO and a win over KC.

Good pics JDF! :9: I also see Saintlybum, Helofixer and DavidM in that last one. Don't know what is up with Bum and Madhunter with the earlicking. LOL! Is that TravelingSaints fan in the back right?

Man I was heavy in those days. Then in 2005 I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism, prescribed Synthroid and dropped about 40lbs within 6 months without dieting.

I put on about 20 lbs over the past year, feel the symptoms and am due a wellness check. I am pretty sure I am due a dosage adjustment and probably don't have much (if any) thyroid gland left. Then again, it could be too many Deano's pizzas. :hihi:

Seriously, as you get older you should have your thyroid checked once a year, especially if you have gained unexplained weight, feel tired, depressed or feel a lump in your lower neck. I had a large goiter, but fortunately it wasn't cancerous. Scary stuff.

Good pics JDF! :9: I also see Saintlybum, Helofixer and DavidM in that last one. Don't know what is up with Bum and Madhunter with the earlicking. LOL! Is that TravelingSaints fan in the back right?

Man I was heavy in those days. Then in 2005 I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism, prescribed Synthroid and dropped about 40lbs within 6 months without dieting.
I put on about 20 lbs over the past year, feel the symptoms and am due a wellness check. I am pretty sure I am due a dosage adjustment and probably don't have much (if any) thyroid gland left. Then it could be too many Deano's pizzas. :hihi:

Seriously, as you get older you should have your thyroid checked once a year, especially if you have gained unexplained weight, feel tired, depressed or feel a lump in your lower neck. I had a large goiter, but fortunately it wasn't cancerous. Scary stuff.

Not to derail the thread. But can you tell me the exact location of the lump you found on your neck? I have a small lump on the lower right side of my neck that I discovered about 2 years ago and I gained 29 lbs. I started a job almost 3 years ago that allows me to work from home so I believed that was the cause of the weight gain. I just recently lost 19 of those lbs and working on the remaining 10lbs and hope to continue losing even more.

But maybe something else is going on...

Not to derail the thread. But can you tell me the exact location of the lump you found on your neck? I have a small lump on the lower right side of my neck that I discovered about 2 years ago and I gained 29 lbs. I started a job almost 3 years ago that allows me to work from home so I believed that was the cause of the weight gain. I just recently lost 19 of those lbs and working on the remaining 10lbs and hope to continue losing even more.

But maybe something else is going on...
Have it checked out anyway. Mine was located on the lower right side of my neck also.

I don't come here as much as I used to so I don't know for sure that he's gone anywhere but I miss the video clips posted by St Chadwick.

Optamist Saint's old thread when the guy from England (cant remember his screen name) came live with him for a while made for some fun reading

Yeah that was me, I'm from Scotland though. Username was ross_s_cfc at the time. Changed it recently.

The epic 'I'm an idiot' thread pretty much led to a small community on the EE board with a lot of the members mentioned in this thread. Unfortunately the thread Optimus Saint - (RayBot) posted about my trip was ultimately the end of that community of posters being as active on here, some of them ended up quitting SR altogether as a result.

The thread was filled with hijinx and tales of my three month stay in New Orleans throughout the 2010 season which was met with positive reactions and some good laughs. However things got weird as soon as Ray posted that he'd just dropped me off at the airport and I was on my way home to Scotland. A mixture of grumpy, salty EE board participants and prominent BTL posters who were basically nothing more than trolls hijacked the thread and made their colourful and out of the blue opinions about me known to all. "Good riddance, hope immigration never let him back in" things to that effect. Conveniently started to air as soon as I had left the country.

When other members would try and defend me, they would then be the subject of these personal attacks with no obvious repercussions from the admins at the time. I myself travelled home for two days without internet access completely unaware of the tone the thread had taken logged on expecting to continue some conversations that were running prior to my flights only to see my friends being insulted, and in one case derogatory comments about one members wife.

I have no idea, why the active admins at the time allowed this to happen, however when I attempted to defend myself and also my friends who were being abused and attacked in that thread I was given several infractions and warnings about my conduct.

So at which point we wound up creating a Facebook group of 30+ where we could continue our discussions without the participation of said trolls.

Don't get me wrong without Saints Report I would never have made the first of my several trips to New Orleans, I have made friends for life through this forum and that first trip to New Orleans opened my eyes to the big wide world out there and as a result have since lived in Australia and Asia. That said, I'm still really disappointed with the way the situation was handled and that many prominent members were driven away for good. Unfortunately the trolls won.

I did dig that thread up a few years ago to have a read through and most of the posts that caused the problems and arguments have since been deleted.

I still lurk on here sometimes, as do some of the other guys and gals but posts are few and far between now.

great thread...been around since IronEra days in '97...professional lurker...i remember the old voice chat days with JoeOKC, FranktheRat, and others...met PocketHercules back in the day...always loved reading the posts of the dotless one ...Jai5 & SharonT as well as Andrus were all very welcoming when i found the place...still have my unused tickets for the 49ers game when my car broke down on my way down there for the crawl...lol

I put on about 20 lbs over the past year, feel the symptoms and am due a wellness check. I am pretty sure I am due a dosage adjustment and probably don't have much (if any) thyroid gland left. Then again, it could be too many Deano's pizzas. :hihi:

Not to get too far off topic, but get that prostate checked as well fellas. Early detection can save your life and, almost as importantly, your little fella.

Hey guys, after being an active member here for over 15 years, I have made many of friends and seen people come and go. It got me thinking about past regulars on here and whatever happened to them. I figured that I can’t be the only member with this train of thought and that I would start a thread where we can ask these questions and hopefully we can even answer some.

I’ll start with just a few to get it going hopefully. BDM

DeanInLa
Jay Foster
Big Chin Guy
504 Girl

Hey thanks for thinking about little ole me! Yep, still around. There are so many fabulous posters now ... and so many posts, it's hard to add anything useful to the great conversations so while I'm on every day I just don't have anything additional and worthwhile to add to most conversations. That and 2 kids ;) BUT I do make it down for games when I can, made it to the NFC Championship and took my mom. Ugh, I may never recover. You cannot imagine what it was like dealing with Rams fans in L.A. after that fiasco.

Attachments

• nfc champ 2019.jpg
    nfc champ 2019.jpg
    213.3 KB · Views: 41
Hey thanks for thinking about little ole me! Yep, still around. There are so many fabulous posters now ... and so many posts, it's hard to add anything useful to the great conversations so while I'm on every day I just don't have anything additional and worthwhile to add to most conversations. That and 2 kids ;) BUT I do make it down for games when I can, made it to the NFC Championship and took my mom. Ugh, I may never recover. You cannot imagine what it was like dealing with Rams fans in L.A. after that fiasco.
Glad to see your still around and doing well Hollywood! BDM

Hi Kanona, I remember you from waay back!
Richard, lured me here from the old B&G.net
Gaminerie, still around, I think
TPS, I met at RebSaint's place once
RebSaint, still around, mostly lurking
Devildog, helped me find a job after 6 months unemployment once . . . never underestimate the posters here
Dadsdream, yes I took a 7-year hiatus, but came back last year for another Super Bowl run :hihi:
you still got the log home?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom