SSF All Time Great Threads (1 Viewer)

saint_drago

I Must Break You
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sticky Post
When I read the news this morning about the passing of St. PJ my mind immediately thought of his iconic "Come Her Son" thread. That got me to thinking about some of the epic threads I've seen over the years. What are the best threads that you've seen on the SSF? Here's a few I've been thinking about in no particular order:

Come Her Son

The Burrow Debacle

The Legend of Walter Thomas

The Mamba Massacre

254 Pages of Suh

jasonsw

Long live Duke and Goose
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
What happened to ole Swimmer. Now that's a question that would take some time to answer. Swimmer became a victim of circumstance. But the circumstances were of his own creation. Let's just say that his imagination got the best of him. He said some things that were out of bounds and he was let go.

But he's still out there. Hell he's probably reading this as we speak. Somewhere in Texas a man is reading his computer as his mind hearkens back to his glory days.
From time to time he gets in some how. There will be a time stamp of when he was last seen that was clearly way after he got banned

OP
saint_drago

saint_drago

I Must Break You
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Swimmer's posts were always gold and I wish he was back here. You had some bangers too, @saint_drago with your lawn guy.
I appreciate that but those posts were just Coach Pete parodies. Knowing what I know now I never would've posted them. After Lawn Guy came on the scene it seems like Swimmer started pushing things farther and farther. Each thread was more absurd than the last which led to his undoing.

B-Train

The West Bank's Favorite Son
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I appreciate that but those posts were just Coach Pete parodies. Knowing what I know now I never would've posted them. After Lawn Guy came on the scene it seems like Swimmer started pushing things farther and farther. Each thread was more absurd than the last which led to his undoing.
Don’t beat yourself up over it. Thankfully you have a really cool lawn guy who was willing to help out with stuff at home while all that was going on. Not everyone has that

St.Dan

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
When I read the news this morning about the passing of St. PJ my mind immediately thought of his iconic "Come Her Son" thread. That got me to thinking about some of the epic threads I've seen over the years. What are the best threads that you've seen on the SSF? Here's a few I've been thinking about in no particular order:

Come Her Son

The Burrow Debacle

The Legend of Walter Thomas

The Mamba Massacre

254 Pages of Suh

I cannot ever forget the Suh thread :) I’m happy the dude didn’t come here for a multitude of reasons. But the thread got to the point where people were talking about where he’d been spotted having dinner, etc. Such fake news can be fun when framed humorously :)

duckjr78

Look out, its FrankenBaby
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I’ve seen some threads around the intertubes, and many are legendary.

But I’ve still never seen anyone taken so completely apart as Mamba did to Truck Man. The time and effort it must have taken to comb through that many threads over that amount of time just to prove that someone was full of it was both amazing to behold and just a little bit scary.

All hail Mamba, and may we never incur his wrath!

RedJem

Official SR Twitter Team & Host of Fleurs Truly
Staff member
Super Moderator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I remember the thread for the old guy going crazy who was seen in the crowd in the (I think) 2009/10 season @ Washington? and the hunt to track him down to get him to the SB game. Or am I dreaming?
That was it.

OP
saint_drago

saint_drago

I Must Break You
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
For what it's worth ya'll mean a lot to me. I spend so much time on this site so it's like I know you. I don't know you in real life but I know your SR.com persona. Most of ya'll seem like really good folks. Some of ya'll are great posters. A few of you even know what you're talking about half the time. Losing St PJ has me all up in my feelings so I just wanted to say that.

I think I'll be on this site until the end. If something ever happens to me I've left instructions with Lawn Guy Dave to let ya'll know.

saintmdterps

If we give ya the boogie, can ya handle it?
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
was at that game....left early, never heard the end of it.....
We were standing up, ready to go when Suisham doinked the chip shot field goal. You could feel the air go completely out of the stadium. We stayed, and somehow or other didn't get hypothermia. The rest, as they say, is history :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom