SSF refuge clubhouse (1 Viewer)

it's going to be interesting over there next few days
I had an interesting distraction that helped me to not be so emotionally involved in the game. I'm from PA Amish county, and at about halftime my Amish neighbor was knocking on my door....I'm thinking "NO I CANT BE DISTRACTED". Turns out he needed me to make some phone calls. A young bald eagle was stuck in his liquid manure pit. This is the manure from the dairy cows, and they spread it to fertilize fields. The pit is 4 ft deep. So I called game commission. They are closed, but message says to call police for wildlife emergencies. So I did...they were able to get game warden out here, and he rescued it with a net..poop flying everywhere. Had he not been able to net it, fire company would've been called...with a boat!! He thinks it was injured while diving for a bird, and didnt get back up, hence the dead pigeon beside manure pit. Eagle is now in a rehab facility. So that took my mind off the game.

As a Colorado resident, I’ve yet to partake in the wide variety of medicinal herbs available.

That may change tomorrow.
As a coping mechanism, it might dull the pain, disappointment, and perhaps regret of losing an important playoff game for the fourth straight year. But once the nice, pleasant, peaceful sense of auroma wears off and comes to an end, the same feelings, nagging annoying idea of falling short of winning a 2nd Super Bowl and achieving an appropriate sendoff for Drew into retirement will come back, at least for some of us, I think, for quite a while.

Well, I'd go for the Pelicans but they seem to like losing lately, too. I'm turning to LSU Women's gymnastics for right now.

there is a replay of Tulanes Famous Potato bowl on right now. Ugh, never mind. Unless you are a Nevada Fan. But I need to find out if they are Famous Potato Bowls every year or if all the others are just Potato Bowls and this one stood out?

I love the funny names bowl games sometimes take on because of the sponsorship. Like maybe the UFW can have a Salad Bowl or a Fruit Bowl.

I love the funny names bowl games sometimes take on because of the sponsorship. Like maybe the UFW can have a Salad Bowl or a Fruit Bowl.

my line of humor above came to mind because when I was scrolling down guide channel I thought it said Infamous Potato Bowl. I thought it was like the Ice Bowl, Heidi Bowl or some other single game I just hadn’t heard of.

About to go to sleep. I feel like Pink Floyd is the right choice for tonight’s sleep music. Pre-Dark Side. I’m gonna go with Atom Heart Mother.

As a coping mechanism, it might dull the pain, disappointment, and perhaps regret of losing an important playoff game for the fourth straight year. But once the nice, pleasant, peaceful sense of auroma wears off and comes to an end, the same feelings, nagging annoying idea of falling short of winning a 2nd Super Bowl and achieving an appropriate sendoff for Drew into retirement will come back, at least for some of us, I think, for quite a while.
Yes to all of this.

5a3c2ca7df9f652bf55224e7766859a0.jpg

I may have something called Exploding Head Syndrome (it's real). Multiple times a month, I'm jolted awake by a loud pop. And here I am.

I’m surprisingly mellow after the loss - four turnovers kills anybody and is easier to take than last second Hail Marys or epically bad ref calls.

Beyond that, not really sure how I feel about any of it. There’s time.

Same
Although I do know exactly how I feel about Cook.

But I'll be here and Poli board as we approach inauguration.

I have to say, as i went to bed last night, and now waking up this morning- I’m baffled by all the online comments, as well as texts i‘ve received , regarding Brees.. “Cant believe it ended like this”... “He deserved so much better”... “Such a sad ending”.... “He only got one ring”....... Is there something wrong with me, becuase i feel ZERO sadness... as soon as it was apparent the game was over last night, and Brees was done, i was immediately SO grateful for the run we had with him... As i mentioned earlier, i always thought that there was a very real possibility that i might live out my entire life without seeing a Saints Super Bowl... If not for Brees, i might have been right ... I’m telling yall, on Feb 7th 2010, as soon as the clock hit triple zeros- Right then and there, i said I’m good.. this is all i ever wanted.. if the Saints win another one, AWESOME.. if they never win another one, AWESOME......... Today I’m feeling a little defective or somehting, like i should want more(??)

I think ol’ Dr Seuss had it right when he said: “Dont cry because it’s over, smile because it happened”... and boy oh boy, did Drew Brees make it happen.

Last edited:
it's going to be interesting over there next few days

It’s so sad that the SSF and FB are flooding with people that are almost happy that Brees lost. Never hear anything from them when we have a good win and it’s like they have been waiting for the moment. And I’m not gonna get political, but it’s often the same people who are not happy with the outcome of the election.

It’s so sad that the SSF and FB are flooding with people that are almost happy that Brees lost. Never hear anything from them when we have a good win and it’s like they have been waiting for the moment. And I’m not gonna get political, but it’s often the same people who are not happy with the outcome of the election.
People whose only freude is schaden

Yeah I’m seeing a few comments online in re to Brees ‘bending the knee’ and other ignorant nonsense.. Fortunately those imbeciles are in the minority, from the comments I’ve seen.. Drew was in an impossible position; “stick to his guns” as it were, be rigid and unempathetic and lose his teammates, or try to gain a little appreciation and insight into what they were going through, vocalize it and alienate the lunatics in our fanbase.. He made the right call IMO, and went about it the right way.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom