SSF Team Goals for Week 2 (1 Viewer)

Bourbon

We're crab people now Dee
Reaction score
Okay - I'd like to go into this weekend's game with some clearly outlined goals for each squad so that, no matter if we win or lose, we're able to assess how well we did against a quality NFC East team. Here are the goals I'd give the team if they asked me:

Offense:

-Start off fast - at least one score in our first two possessions.
-Limit turnovers - might be hard to ask for zero, but no more than 1 and no stupid ones (i.e. chicken-winging with the ball).
-Protect Brees - I don't want him taking any hard hits or blindsides.
-Ball control with the lead - got to continue running the ball if we get a lead. Need to create at least 2 first downs by running in those situations.

Defense:

-Don't get burned - the old Saints Defense would give up huge plays to the likes of Sage Rosenfels, Luke McCown, and Gus Frerotte. We have another youngster behind center in this one and we can't let him get those cheap ones.
-Produce turnovers - at least two. I want to win the turnover battle.
-Get pressue - at least 2 sacks please.

Special Teams:

-No miscues, period - No botched snaps or missed field goals, or stupid penalties
-Gap discipline - do NOT allow a returner to cut back and gain more than 20 extra yards
-No fumbles - No excuses here, rusty or not.

Do these seem reasonable? Anything you'd add?

Last edited:
Haha - well, looks like we're definately into the regular season where winning is all that matters. I'm with you guys - no hollow victories and no confidence-building losses. Just freakin win.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom