SSX (1 Viewer)

HennessyRob

NOLA Raised
Reaction score
Fans of the SSX series rejoice!!!!
The first next-gen SSX is being released Feb 28.
The demo is available for download on PSN & X-Box Live.
Which one of you bums will try to beat my scores?
SSX is the video game this generation has been missing. The feeble attempts of other, lesser snowboarding games’ attempt to capture the adrenaline fueled excitement of SSX don’t compare at all. This is what happens when you don’t just put the game out every year, but spend your time crafting it, creating the ultimate experience. SSX redefines snowboarding games, raises the bar for the genre, then backflips over it.

Here is the video review:

<object id="vid_06af494c19abf47b5d54f7fdad8dc5e6" class="ign-videoplayer" width="480" height="270" data="http://media.ign.com/ev/prod/embed.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"><param name="movie" value="http://media.ign.com/ev/prod/embed.swf" /><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#000000" /><param name="flashvars" value="url=http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/02/24/ssx-video-review"/></object><div style="width:480px"><a href="http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/02/24/ssx-video-review">More SSX Videos</a></div>

I love the SSX series. I will definitely be getting this.

I preordered this a couple of weeks ago, I used to love the ssx series so I have high hopes for this one.

I love the SSX series. I will definitely be getting this.

Ditto. I loved them even when it was cartoony, just fun mindless gaming, kind of like the old Wipeout series.

Love the series. Tried out the classic controls in the demo couldn't do anything, the new controls are pretty nice though, still getting used to it. Kind of wished for a normal multiplayer experience, but i'll wait and see if this type of 'multiplayer' sucks before i ***** about it.

Love the series. Tried out the classic controls in the demo couldn't do anything, the new controls are pretty nice though, still getting used to it. Kind of wished for a normal multiplayer experience, but i'll wait and see if this type of 'multiplayer' sucks before i ***** about it.

Did you do the tutorial with Classic Controls?

Hmmmm, despite the great reviews this game is getting its just not really doing it for me. This game feels more like a racing game than anything else to me and I always preferred the "pulling off hard tricks" aspect of the games of yesteryear.

Was underwhelmed by the demo. Felt like the old SSX, which I played for hundreds of hours a decade ago, but I just didn't like this version.

Might change my mind if it was a $20 title, but not at full price.

Like others, I was a bit underwhelmed by the demo. But the overwhelmingly positive reviews from IGN, cheatcc, and others plus the fact that I had a long week of exams and just needed a night off had me succumb to buying the game.

1. I forgot how awesome the SSX franchise is.

2. This game is just plain nasty.

It is a great blend of arcade and simulation. Eye-opening graphics, a lot of diversity in themes on mountains, and the best part, this game is HARD. I haven't played an EA this game difficult in a while. A lot of people want it to be just old SSX with better graphics on the next-gen console. But EA actually made it its own game.

I think part of the reason why the demo sucked was because the one character you could be really sucks. Having played with multiple characters now, the one they used in the demo is probably the corniest and worst-playing character out of all of them.

At least rent it, just to check out the snow physics and Explore mode.

I'm enjoying it too. Kind of disappointed when I first popped in the game, but since then I've been loving it. Put in a custom soundtrack though, couldn't stand the in game music anymore.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom