st dude at the movies: Juno (1 Viewer)

OVER RATED clap clap clapclapclap

It was okay, and well-casted, but frankly was kind of annoying to me. The main character is just so unrealistic I couldn't get past it. She's basically a 30 year old that uses teenage slang, which I guess is to get the older crowd to relate to her. Honestly what 16 year old listens to the Carpenters? Why doesn't anyone in the movie have a cellphone? Just so we can see that she has a burger phone to show how "edgy" she is?

Also, there's no plot development.

*SPOILER COMING*

So she gets knocked up, she thinks for a split second about aborting, then decides to put it up for adoption. An hour later in the movie, she's STILL putting it up for adoption to the same person. Huh?

*SPOILER OVER*

The soundtrack was also really distracting. I'd rather not be beat over the head with indie music over the course of the movie. I know its an indie movie, I don't need to be reminded the whole time.

Honestly I don't dislike the movie as much as I lead on, its pretty funny, but just had to add another perspective to this unanimous lovefest.

Teenage pregnancy is funny?

Some people find humor in all things in life. The Bucket List is about two guys dying from cancer and was very funny in parts.

I think the way the movie treats teenage pregnancy is very well done. It certainly wouldnt make a girl want to go out and get pregnant. It does portray how it involves the whole family and how having supportive parents is so important.

You can cry at what life throws at you, get angry about it, get depressed or laugh. It is what it is and how you react doesnt change it. For my part I thought they handled the pregnancy issue in a responsible way.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom