St. Louis Tips (1 Viewer)

Brock Meaux

I'm Batman
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Myself and a few friends are going to St. Louis next week. We're going to catch a Cardinals game, go up the Arch, and make a trip to the zoo for the kid (we're bringing a 2-year old with us), but other than that, the trip is very open-ended. We're spending 7 days there. My question to all you SR travelers who have knowledge of St. Louis is what sights/attractions/whatever should we take in while we're in town?

Here are a few popular places to go and all are kid friendly:
City Museum Visitor Information | city museum
Grant's Farm Welcome to Grant's Farm
Botanical Gardens Hours & Admission
Museum of Transportation Museum of Transportation - St. Louis
Science Center Saint Louis Science Center
Magic House The Magic House - St. Louis Children's Museum

There's also meramec caverns and a lot of wineries if you wanted to explore more out of the city.

For some winery information take a look here:
Missouri Wineries | Missouri Vineyards | MissouriWineCountry.com

The first two sections (Augusta and Hermann) are not that far (1 hour for the Augusta wineries and 1.5 for the Hermann ones). Of course, it all depends on where you are staying.

I hear East St. Louis is nice this time of year.

I'm kidding of course... :)

I'm actually interested in this thread because ill be making the trip up there for the game in December.

If you're a foodie there are plenty of good restaurants. Niche, Sidney Street Café and Araka are all excellent. For BBQ I'd skip Pappys and go to one of the three Lester's locations. It's a sports bar but they smoke all their own meat and portions are generous in the extreme. There's one in the Central West End which also has plenty of other attractions.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom