Stadium naming rights (1 Viewer)

Krodwhodat

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I was just reading up on century link (qwest) and they are headquartered in Louisiana. Why would a company of this size that started here in Louisiana sponsor teams and stadiums all over the country but nothing in New Orleans? I would hear the link from Seattle fans and assumed it was local to them. With the Falcons getting Mercedes I heard there was talk of them dropping the dome when the contract is up. Does one stadium bring more to your company than another?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IF M.B. drops the rights to the Superdome, The Superdome's new name should be,

The Louisiana Superdome

I was just reading up on century link (qwest) and they are headquartered in Louisiana. Why would a company of this size that started here in Louisiana sponsor teams and stadiums all over the country but nothing in New Orleans? I would hear the link from Seattle fans and assumed it was local to them. With the Falcons getting Mercedes I heard there was talk of them dropping the dome when the contract is up. Does one stadium bring more to your company than another?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
At least NFL naming rights haven't degenerated to naming of the actual field as well as the stadium. The University of Maryland has Capital One Field at Maryland Stadium and is looking to sell rights to the stadium. :jpshakehead:

The stadium name was changed from Byrd Stadium because it was found that Curley Byrd was a segregationist.

IF M.B. drops the rights to the Superdome, The Superdome's new name should be,

The Louisiana Superdome

Mercedes is locked in to the Dome through 2021.

I believe that deal was worth between $10 million and $12 million per year - so north of $100 million for the duration of the 10 year-contract. That's a nice piece of revenue for the Dome and the State of Louisiana.

If and when MB drops us, we should have BMW get our naming rights. With Brandin, Michael, and Willie, it kind of fits.

Mercedes is locked in to the Dome through 2021.

I believe that deal was worth between $10 million and $12 million per year - so north of $100 million for the duration of the 10 year-contract. That's a nice piece of revenue for the Dome and the State of Louisiana.
I thought Mercedes Benz was locked in for some time..don't know why or how we thought Mercedes was gone next year or so :scratch:

I thought Mercedes Benz was locked in for some time..don't know why or how we thought Mercedes was gone next year or so :scratch:

There maybe escape clauses in contract but they(M.B.) would probably have to pay penalties, and exit fees which could be in the millions so I doubt they would escape the contract.

There maybe escape clauses in contract but they(M.B.) would probably have to pay penalties, and exit fees which could be in the millions so I doubt that would escape the contract.

They have said they fully intend to perform the remainder of the contract.

LeftLaneNews Mobile Version

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom