Stan Kwan the other coach hired today {MERGED} (2 Viewers)

For whatever reason Payton is tied to McMahon and won't fire him, but he knew he had to do something to improve ST, which aside from a great punter who also does a good job of kicking off stunk last season. I'm glad he's at least brought in a guy like Kwan, who should improve the unit's performance.
but this disturbs me with Payton as a HEAD COACH.

The right thing to do is dismiss McMahon and hire the new guy. This is a half measure that may just create tension on the staff and no better results. I see half measures where personal feelings cloud judgement.

Joe Vitt and linebackers, for example.

Lions Fire Stan Kwan; Coaches Will Lead North Team in Senior Bowl - Pride Of Detroit

I stand by my statement. He wasn't very good.

It's clear that McMahon needs help and I hope that he and Kwan can make it work.

Wasn't he fired from that unit in 2009? I thought he was with the bills last year.

His unit did block a lot of kicks in Detroit it seems.

He joined the Bills after spending six seasons with the Detroit Lions. In his second stint with the Lions from 2004-09, Detroit’s special teams unit blocked 16 kicks, ranking as the second-most in the NFL over the six-year time span.

Buffalo Bills: Stan Kwan

2009 seemed like a down year from the 2008 excellence
Below is a list of Detroit’s special teams highlights in 2008:
Forced an NFL-high five special teams turnovers; Plus-four turnover margin led the NFL also
Kickoff coverage unit allowed the fourth-lowest average drive start following kickoffs (25.5)
Ranked second in the NFL in percentage of drives forced inside the 20-yard line following kickoffs (23.81)
K Jason Hanson kicked an NFL-high eight 50-plus yard field goals (became the oldest NFL kicker with eight 50-plus yard field goals); eight 50-plus yard field goals is also tied for the most in an NFL season.
22nd year in the NFL
3rd year with the Bills

Kwan enters his third season with the Bills in 2012. Kwan assists in all aspects of coaching the Bills’ special teams units.

Buffalo Bills: Stan Kwan

Lions Fire Stan Kwan; Coaches Will Lead North Team in Senior Bowl - Pride Of Detroit

I stand by my statement. He wasn't very good.

It's clear that McMahon needs help and I hope that he and Kwan can make it work.

We are talking about an 0-16 team in 2008. I didn't realize he coached with the Lions team in 2009 then Schwartz fired him. So yes, I guess there is a reason he was an assistant ST coach with the Bills. Still has a lot of experience, hopefully he can help.

Reading more, he's just filling the role of Mike Mallory, who went to Jacksonville. This still the McMahon show...

Disappointing.

What kind of racist garbage is this
Oh, so you got my statement about the NFL caring more for hiring based on race rather than qualification. Afterall, Roger Goodell came out and said the NFL will take steps to makes sure more minorities are hired.

If any of you think I agree with this then you misunderstood my original statement. I'm for hiring based on qualifications, not the color of a person's skin. (Didn't think I had to spell it out for some people, but I guess I had to)

He looks like Mr. Chow.

0f4800da5a45325bad65de139bc63eb77914d2de.jpg

3644lz.jpg

2008 special teams "excellence"= 15th in the league.
2009 = 31st in the league.

If you look at his page on the Bills website all that they have to say is that he did a great job for the lions in 2008.

I want the guy to succeed. I think that he will help. I just don't think that people should be wondering why McMahon wasn't fired now that Kwan is here. The truth is that neither of them is very good. If you look at the football outsiders' website you'll see that the Saints' special teams are bad every year. Help is needed. I'm not sure if this solves the problem though. Having an older team isn't helping, I'm sure, and missing draft picks last year and this year isn't helping either.
FOOTBALL OUTSIDERS: Innovative Statistics, Intelligent Analysis | 2009 SPECIAL TEAMS RATINGS

This seems like a hire wiht a specific purpose. What I see from the bills is they had a good return game, with Mckelvin. Maybe payton wants to improve that here, not necessarily other aspects.

Our coverage units are pretty terrible but Morestead covers them up. ON punts we were fine. On KOs he had a down year on touchbacks so we were exposed some.

We either make Morestead more perfect or improve our god awful horrific STs talent.
This hire improves the return side for us but until we get talent on defense we don't improve the horrific coverage. Just hope the punter approaches perfection....

if he wont even fired our dreadful special teams coach (who should have been fired immediately after the giants game) then i have zero confidence that vitt wont be replaced as lb coach.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom