Stan Lee Passes Away At 95 (1 Viewer)

my wife jut told me, so of course i had to run here to commiserate
probably the person most influential on my childhood who wasn't a parent or coach
happy he had a good long life, sorry the last few years were difficult
appreciate everything you did
excelsior

Hopefully, he already filmed his Avengers 4 cameo and we get to see him one last time.
He did. "What we can say about Avengers: Infinity War is that he filmed both parts, one and two. We did Ant-Man, we did Black Panther. We did Thor too." (https://screenrant.com/stan-lee-cameos-avengers-3-4-thor-black-panther/)

Joe Russo also mentioned his having recorded upcoming cameos in an interview with BBC Radio (https://screenrant.com/stan-lee-cameos-mcu-captain-marvel-ant-man/).

So we have at least a cameo in Avengers 4 to look forward to, if not more.

Very sad day. Not only did he entertain millions but also did what he could to affect social change. I'm a bit misty today.

stan-lee-marvel-comics-comicbookcom-1070074-1280x0.jpeg

Man, my wife called and told me. He lived a long and seemingly awesome life. RIP to one of the most creative minds of our time.

Some of my fondest memories involved cutting grass and washing cars, then getting my parents to subscribe to Marvel Comics and Mad Magazine.

Stan Lee was almost as influential upon my childhood as Morris Day and Larry Flynt...

Stan Lee was in New Orleans this past January for our Comic Con. I'm glad my kids got to see him in person and hear him interact with the crowd. He'd lost a little off his fastball over the past few years, but he still indulged his fans until the end.

Thanks for the characters, the stories, and the decades gone by. RIP, Stan Lee.
Met him in Boston last year. It was a true highlight.

This is all the article said about his Military career...

After a stint in the Army during World War II, writing for training films, he was back at Marvel to begin a long and admittedly boring run of assembly line comic book production.

Well, there was a little more to it really...

Lee entered the United States Army in early 1942 and served within the US as a member of the Signal Corps, repairing telegraph poles and other communications equipment.[25] He was later transferred to the Training Film Division, where he worked writing manuals, training films, slogans, and occasionally cartooning.[26] His military classification, he says, was "playwright"; he adds that only nine men in the U.S. Army were given that title.[27] Vincent Fago, editor of Timely's "animation comics" section, which put out humor and funny animal comics, filled in until Lee returned from his World War II military service in 1945.

Stan Lee.jpg

Last edited:
Admitting I know very little about comics and Marvel and DC....I went and read about Stan and seems it wasn’t all nice.

Some of his closest co workers and creators loathed him and said he was not the genius he’s made out to be, but rather a marketing genius who took all of the accolades from his closest collaborators works.

Admitting I know very little about comics and Marvel and DC....I went and read about Stan and seems it wasn’t all nice.

Some of his closest co workers and creators loathed him and said he was not the genius he’s made out to be, but rather a marketing genius who took all of the accolades from his closest collaborators works.

So you mark his death by saying how some people hated him?

Rest Easy, Stan.

I had been keeping up the best I could with all the abuse he had been dealing with the last few years from his Agent/Financial Manager, and his daughter. A real shame that the man wasnt able to enjoy his later years peacefully without being taken advantage of from those around him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom