Standing Pat (1 Viewer)

I feel that some aren’t willing to accept the possibility of an amazing opposing team being able to shut down MT in the playoffs or the possibility of an injury to MT in the playoffs...then I have to ask, if that Scenario somehow comes to being a realistic situation, which very well can happen on any given Sunday, then what do you do now that the trade Deadline has past?

Ginn still has the speed, but no longer can create separation by route running anymore...And that is why he never gets the ball...unless it is a pure speed situation and he beats his defender. That is why majority of his catches are only when he is able to beat the defender by speed alone, not route running and creating separation.

Smith and Kirkwood are not reliable based on history of injuries.

We need a #2 and let Ginn play the slot and just burn his man every time by speed alone.
I am unwilling to accept, at this point. We are solid, and it’s about time.

You never stop trying to improve your team. If there’s a chance to do so, this team will go for it. I’d love AJ but I just have this feeling if they do make a trade it will be for a slightly unknown on the verge of breaking out under the right system, our system. Either way, Gueax Saints this team is on a mission!!!!

Need another receiver ASAP. Especially since other contenders are improving their rosters. And many are adding players that we should be getting.
I disagree. Our record proves it. Guys are stepping up. Josh Hill, anyone?

I’m starting to think that Devante Parker will be the guy the Saints push for. I’m not a huge fan, but I think he is talented and would hope the coaching staff and change of scenery could help him realize his potential. The Dolphins are done and Parker should be there for the taking.

Thanks, guys. I have been a fan a long time. Just wanted to throw it out there that I am through with skepticism. I love this team, I love New Orleans, and I am blessed to be a part of this special season. Geaux, Saints!

I think our success and lack of a 2nd rounder will limit us in the trade negotiations. The Saints are favored to be a Super Bowl team, which is a very late pick each round.

Last edited:
Thanks, guys. I have been a fan a long time. Just wanted to throw it out there that I am through with skepticism. I love this team, I love New Orleans, and I am blessed to be a part of this special season. Geaux, Saints!
Don't understand what you mean by skepticism? If there's a way to improve the roster between now and the deadline you do it and this message board is a medium to discuss such options. Were you opposed to the Saints trading for Eli Apple last season? Turned out to be the best in-season trade for the Saints in a while and upgraded 2 positions with 1 move. (Boundary corner where Crawley was not cutting it, and PJ got to go to his more natural Slot corner spot)

There's definitely an opportunity at Receiver to further bolster this roster, most notably receiver but adding another Cornerback for depth is also a possibility depending on how much time Apple misses.

I’m starting to think that Devante Parker will be the guy the Saints push for. I’m not a huge fan, but I think he is talented and would hope the coaching staff and change of scenery could help him realize his potential. The Dolphins are done and Parker should be there for the taking.

It took Parker nearly half a decade to learn the Miami offense. I’m willing to wager that he wouldn’t contribute much this season if the Saints traded for him. I’m ok with trading for him but it would have to be a very late round pick with the hope he contributes next season.

You want to be throwing to Tommy Lee Lewis in the NFC championship game?

he’s in the XFL now.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom