Star Citizen (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Nothing​ sure how many of you are PC gamers, or if any of you have ever played star citizen, but it's an early access space exploration game. You buy a ship, and your journey starts there. It is fairly limited with features at the moment, however in the coming patches it will start to grow (early access) the finished product is almost certain to be a great game. The company behind the game has raised $150 million toward it, and this is their only project. I usually don't push games like this, however I do think this game is worth a look if you haven't already.

I've played a lot of Elite and watched some SC, and have to say SC falls well short of the bar set.

I've played a lot of Elite and watched some SC, and have to say SC falls well short of the bar set.

Comparing SC to elite? Of course SC falls short, Elite is a finished game, only adding expansions and patches here and there. SC is still early in development. If you follow the patches and updates for SC you can see where it's headed, it will be a much more expansive game than Elite. Also, keep in mind that this is their only project, money isn't being split for anything, everything goes into SC. To me, that's pretty exciting.

Wing Commander Privateer was my favorite game when I was young. I've been following the news on SC, but have yet to purchase. I hope Chris Roberts is able to deliver.

I'm comparing SC to Elite as it was during Beta, when I played over half my hours. SC's combat seems to arcade like with guaranteed to strike missiles, the environments are disappointing considering how few there are. It was supposed to make up for the billions of systems by having great hand crafted quality. Maybe it suddenly shows up, but so far even though it's free to try now, not something I'm downloading. You're welcome to love it, as games are like food different people like different restaurants and meals, but SC to me still seems meh. I enjoyed NMS though, even though most hated it. It wasn't a 200 hour game for me, but was good. So not denying your right to have fun your way.

I'm comparing SC to Elite as it was during Beta, when I played over half my hours. SC's combat seems to arcade like with guaranteed to strike missiles, the environments are disappointing considering how few there are. It was supposed to make up for the billions of systems by having great hand crafted quality. Maybe it suddenly shows up, but so far even though it's free to try now, not something I'm downloading. You're welcome to love it, as games are like food different people like different restaurants and meals, but SC to me still seems meh. I enjoyed NMS though, even though most hated it. It wasn't a 200 hour game for me, but was good. So not denying your right to have fun your way.

I understand that completely, although comparing the two, when Elite was in Beta, SC was barely underway. It's still in Alpha, with a Beta release sometime in 2018. I'd suggest giving it a shot when it hits Beta, you'll probably be surprised.

Wing Commander Privateer was my favorite game when I was young. I've been following the news on SC, but have yet to purchase. I hope Chris Roberts is able to deliver.

Not sure how much you know, but they are developing Squadron 42 and that is supposed to be the "spiritual successor" to wing Commander. With elements tying into the persistent universe of SC. I am hopeful as well, so far so good, but I've seen promising games vanish before lol.

Not sure how much you know, but they are developing Squadron 42 and that is supposed to be the "spiritual successor" to wing Commander. With elements tying into the persistent universe of SC. I am hopeful as well, so far so good, but I've seen promising games vanish before lol.

When is Squadron 42 supposed to be out? Ive been loosely keeping up with SC development throughout the years and am surprised Squadron still isn't out. I hope the game comes out eventually and blows people away. it would be nice to have a PC exclusive beyond anything on a console again.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom