Star Trek: Into Darkness (1 Viewer)

Madhattr

My Woman
Reaction score
Ok, I won't be able to see the movie until Saturday but I was wondering what the impressions were of the movie by any of you who've already seen it.

For years I have looked at comingsoon.net for my movie news and reviews. They're pretty good with their reviews for the most part. But the recent review of the new Star Rek film was ridiculous. The fellow reviewing the movie was a terribly biased fanboy and gave the movie a 4 out of 10.

It is the only review they have up for the movie. Unprofessional in my opinion. I'm looking forward to seeing this movie. Especially Alice Eve in her underwear. Very caliente.

It was amazing. Better than the first and I loved the first. I was surprised at just how action packed it was.

ok piggybacking witha follow-up - if you could only see Star Trek or Ironman which would you pick?
(ps, if you spoil anything I'm going to lock you in a chatroom with Oye and Det Brees and tell them to discuss the American penal system)

Going to a VMware User Group meeting today. They are letting us see the movie for free :D

(ps, if you spoil anything I'm going to lock you in a chatroom with Oye and Det Brees and tell them to discuss the American penal system)

:spit::smilielol::smilielol::smilielol::smilielol:

Trying to schedule in seeing it on Saturday. I think we're all free. I don't which one of the family is the most anxious to see it, honestly. Everyone is up for it.

ok piggybacking witha follow-up - if you could only see Star Trek or Ironman which would you pick?

Star Trek and its not even close. Into Darkness is one of the best scifi films I've seen in a long time. IM3 was a mediocre at best superhero film.

I purposely won't do a detailed review because I don't want to spoil anything. It's hard to talk about this film without spoiling it. Just trust me, it's really good. Not as epic in scale as the first but the writing and banter was better and the action was more plentiful and intense. That's not a knock on the first, which I loved, it's a compliment to this one.

A few foreign folks were saying it was American based terrorist lust. Meaning we lust over terrorists and they made it for us Americans. Was most of the movie based on Earth?

A few foreign folks were saying it was American based terrorist lust. Meaning we lust over terrorists and they made it for us Americans. Was most of the movie based on Earth?

I don't agree with the terrorist lust. If anything it's a pretty liberal/libertarian view on the cause of terrorism.

It was far more on and around Earth than other Trek films. They don't do a lot of star trekking in this one. That's kind of what I meant by less epic in scope. I think that's the thing that may disappoint some. Frankly I was so in to what was happening I didn't really notice the lack of expansive space travel until after.

I'm taking my 9 year old Sunday. Pretty stoked. You think it is inappropriate for him?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom