Star Trek: Picard (2 Viewers)

Just finished episode 3. Wow, just wow. I need more spoiler discussion from you guys.

- The space battles between the Titan and the Shrike in the nebula are just absolutely gorgeous.
- The quantum tunneling weapon shots of the Titan going in and coming through were magnificent.
- I actually belly laughed when Worf was introducing himself with all his titles and then immediately follows it up with, "I have made some chamomile tea." Forking hilarious. And not the only hilarious bits from him. He has certainly worked on his sense of humor.
- My goodness, that scene between Picard and Beverly in sickbay. That had some incredible energy from both of them, but Patrick Stewart just hammered the hell out of it.
- Forking Changelings!!
- I loved that we got an Odo reference without the actual name drop.
- So what was stolen from the Daystrom Institute? My money is it was Lore that was stolen.
- And that sure as hell doesn't seem like Riker. I think there might be more than one Changeling on board.
I think Riker commands different now because he has family, and Picard doesn't, and they now have completely different styles, which reinforces the part of the point that Beverly was explaining to Picard about why she didn't tell him about being pregnant.

I think Riker commands different now because he has family, and Picard doesn't, and they now have completely different styles, which reinforces the part of the point that Beverly was explaining to Picard about why she didn't tell him about being pregnant.
It just doesn't feel like Riker would turn around and tell Picard to get off the bridge because he just killed them all. There's too much between them and that was a harsh response, to say the least. If it is Riker, I'm not sure that I like how they're writing him in that scene.

It just doesn't feel like Riker would turn around and tell Picard to get off the bridge because he just killed them all. There's too much between them and that was a harsh response, to say the least. If it is Riker, I'm not sure that I like how they're writing him in that scene.
Would the changeling know Riker's 17 second story?

Would the changeling know Riker's 17 second story?
The Changeling might have replaced him much more recently? I don't know. All I know is that just didn't feel like a move Riker would make in kicking Picard off the bridge like that.

The Changeling might have replaced him much more recently? I don't know. All I know is that just didn't feel like a move Riker would make in kicking Picard off the bridge like that.
Except we've never seen a Captain Riker and retired Picard dynamic before. Everything Picard suggested was wrong and it literally might result in their death, I think Riker was justified and within character.

Except we've never seen a Captain Riker and retired Picard dynamic before. Everything Picard suggested was wrong and it literally might result in their death, I think Riker was justified and within character.
Going to be very interesting to see how things play out. I liked the discussion in this thread. The poster makes some good points. And episode 5 does have an interesting title....

Going to be very interesting to see how things play out. I liked the discussion in this thread. The poster makes some good points. And episode 5 does have an interesting title....
A very good theory. Also, I like the theory that the crew of the Shrike are another version of the Jem Hadar.

That would have to have beena while back then because they have literally been together from the start for the most part. There's been very little separation where they weren't alone with others.

That's a very plausible theory that I could see happening.

That would have to have beena while back then because they have literally been together from the start for the most part. There's been very little separation where they weren't alone with others.
Except, when you go back to the bar scene, Riker gets a call from Deanna and leaves Picard sitting there. It could have happened in the timeframe.

Another good episode. I can't get enough of the space scenes. They are just so darn beautiful.

- So it would seem that Riker isn't a Changeling after all.
- We actually got an Odo appearance, although it was just in picture form, I'll still take it.
- As many figured, Captain Dick was traumatized at Wolf 359, so no real surprise about his earlier Borg comments.
- No idea what the hell is going on with Jack at the end of the episode with all the red flashbacks and whatnot.
- The Shrike throws a ship, Riker throws an asteroid. Fun stuff.
- It was nice to hear Picard doing an Admiral's log entry.
- So is Vadic a Changeling? It looked that way, but why did she have to cut her hand off to do the whole communication with the head thing? Was weird.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom