Star Trek: Picard (1 Viewer)

OP
SaintsBrazil

SaintsBrazil

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Episode 3 is not coming out until March 6th? I hope that is a typo and they meant February 6th, if not, they will never get a flow or decent following.

I'd cancel but we also watch and really enjoy The Neighborhood, Bob Hearts Abishola, and Blue Bloods

OP
SaintsBrazil

SaintsBrazil

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Looks like it was a typo

Star Trek: Picard release schedule
The show will release every Thursday throughout the next three months. We've listed US dates followed by international dates below, and while they're subject to change, there's no reason to believe the schedule will be altered.

• Star Trek: Picard episode 1: 'Remembrance' – 23 January (CBS AA),
  • Star Trek: Picard episode 2: 'Maps and Legends' – 30 January (CBS AA),
  • Star Trek: Picard episode 3: 'The End is the Beginning' – 6 February (CBS AA),
  • Star Trek: Picard episode 4: 13 February (CBS AA),
  • Star Trek: Picard episode 5: 20 February (CBS AA),
  • Star Trek: Picard episode 6: 27 February (CBS AA),
  • Star Trek: Picard episode 7: 5 March (CBS AA),
  • Star Trek: Picard episode 8: 12 March (CBS AA),
  • Star Trek: Picard episode 9: 19 March (CBS AA),
  • Star Trek: Picard episode 10: 26 March (CBS AA),

Rickboy

Nom Nom Nom Nom.. me hungry for a SuperBowl
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The end of episode 3 has me squealing like an excited school girl.. :melike::melike:

kcirdor

Clackin
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
That was a good episode.

OP
SaintsBrazil

SaintsBrazil

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I am 2/3 through episode 3. I am not into Picard as much as I had hoped. Patrick Stewart is looking at cue cards and the director isn't camouflaging it well. The idea of the story is great, and there are very good moments here and there, but I am not captivated... Pressing on.

ThibodauxSaint

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Its a good show no doubt. I think my problem is that as a die hard Trekkie who has followed the expanded "litverse" novels they had going for the past 20 years or I kind of have in my head the way things "should" have played out post-Nemesis so its hard to get my head around that those storylines didn't happen.

bonnjer

Let the Wins Count begin!
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Its a good show no doubt. I think my problem is that as a die hard Trekkie who has followed the expanded "litverse" novels they had going for the past 20 years or I kind of have in my head the way things "should" have played out post-Nemesis so its hard to get my head around that those storylines didn't happen.
Those storylines don't need to be disregarded. I say treat them like a multiverse. Problem solved.

ThibodauxSaint

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Those storylines don't need to be disregarded. I say treat them like a multiverse. Problem solved.
That's my plan. Plus there is talk from some of the authors that there was a plan in place had Picard contradicted the books (which it did). Great thing about Star Trek is there is always things that can "fix" things in universe (time travel, alternate universes, omnipotent beings, etc.)

Jeff Miller

Shaw 1988, NYIT 2009
Reaction score
This episode was a mix bag for me.

first the bad, it seem like this episode spent the first 2/3 of episode going over everything in the first two episodes. Once again, Romulan supernova, synth rebellion, data's daughter, after 30 min i was like, alright, we get it, move the damn plot along.

Second the good. The new supporting cast has been a really pleasant surprise. From the trailer it looked like these were going to be a bunch of do nothing meaningless people with no real relevance, but i commend the show by making each one interesting and relevant so far.

1 is a android scientist. 2 are former operatives. 1 is a former subordinate of Picard's who's career no only crashed and burned but she crashed and burned after Picard basically turned his back on her. And finally a former XO turned privateer.

All these characters are basically damaged goods. Not what i expected, and i find myself far more interested in them then i am in the Synth chick who's only significant attribute to date is the ability to bed a Romulan agent.

So, so far, good show, but Episode 3 only really had 10 min of real plot to it. Hoping next episode gets things more forward now that we are finally out of the vineyard.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom