Star Trek: Picard (1 Viewer)

I do have this question...

Does this pretty much eliminate the Kelvin timeline?

Please say yes...

I would say that it pretty much has to, doesn't it? Although, I did like the way it was used to tell new stories.

Who knows really? I just remember...

In the first reboot, they said the Romulan race was pretty decimated. Here, Picard is talking about the great number of lives saved. Plus, there's no mention in the interview of Spock's attempt to save Romulus by using the Red Matter.

No it doesn't. This timeline is still in existence. Spock going through the wormhole didn't affect it. The Kelvin timeline is a branch in time. In order for time travel to work.. you have to branch off time otherwise its just a Paradox, and a temporal causality loop.

Last edited:
I figured out who she was early on as well. Loved the start of the series and find it very funny what he named his dog. lol

People need to stop breeding them full-stop. Many owners bring them to shelters because they can't handle them. Then many of those brought to the shelters have to be put down in a short time because they don't get along with other dogs.

After thinking about the first episode a little bit, I have a few things that don't make a whole lot of sense. Now, when you first watch something you just kind of suspend disbelief and go with whatever they give you as they set up the story. That said...

How did the United Federation of Planets suddenly become the kind of people that
would not help evacuate a planet or even solar system of people from certain doom? I mean, everything Roddenberry set up in Star Trek was the idea of an optimistic, understanding, and benevolent future federation, and now they are racist and cold? Hard to accept this premise.

I mean... have you seen Discovery? Star Fleet has a dark side and the Romulans were they're greatest enemy.

After thinking about the first episode a little bit, I have a few things that don't make a whole lot of sense. Now, when you first watch something you just kind of suspend disbelief and go with whatever they give you as they set up the story. That said...

How did the United Federation of Planets suddenly become the kind of people that
would not help evacuate a planet or even solar system of people from certain doom? I mean, everything Roddenberry set up in Star Trek was the idea of an optimistic, understanding, and benevolent future federation, and now they are racist and cold? Hard to accept this premise.

Remember Insurrection? This isn't the first time.

Even in TNG Star Fleet showed a dark side and Picard skirted ordered that went against code.

I am a fan of the shows but no super geek about them. I had a lot of questions after/while watching this episode.

Are they wanting the recent movies to fit in the same universe as the shows? If so, I think the whole premise (unless they pull some time travel gymnastics out of their butts) is out of sync. Picard is showing this supernova of the Romulan sun to have happened about 30 yrs prior to current day (in show), but the Chris Pine movies show it happening during the time of Kirk's father which is roughly a 100-150 year difference.

A major plot point is the building or cloning of another Soong style android. We know from TNG that Data created a daughter before, named Lall. Are we ignoring her or saying this IS her in some roundabout way?

Since when do Romulans spit acid?

I am a fan of the shows but no super geek about them. I had a lot of questions after/while watching this episode.

Are they wanting the recent movies to fit in the same universe as the shows? If so, I think the whole premise (unless they pull some time travel gymnastics out of their butts) is out of sync. Picard is showing this supernova of the Romulan sun to have happened about 30 yrs prior to current day (in show), but the Chris Pine movies show it happening during the time of Kirk's father which is roughly a 100-150 year difference.

A major plot point is the building or cloning of another Soong style android. We know from TNG that Data created a daughter before, named Lall. Are we ignoring her or saying this IS her in some roundabout way?

Since when do Romulans spit acid?
Kirk's father was the time warps destination. The super nova happened while OLD MAN Spock was trying to stop it with that Red matter that caused the time warp. Yes this show connects directly to the new movies, as in it is the same Universe that gets us to this point. NO they are not the SAME TIME LINE, because the timelines branch off.

Lall was a failed experiment pretty much. This is not Lall and NO they never hinted at it being so.

And the Romulan crushed an Acid Capsule in this teeth as you can Clearly see him do it. Like the old cyanide capsules you see in spy movies.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom