Star Trek: Picard (1 Viewer)

Its a good show no doubt. I think my problem is that as a die hard Trekkie who has followed the expanded "litverse" novels they had going for the past 20 years or I kind of have in my head the way things "should" have played out post-Nemesis so its hard to get my head around that those storylines didn't happen.
Those storylines don't need to be disregarded. I say treat them like a multiverse. Problem solved.

Those storylines don't need to be disregarded. I say treat them like a multiverse. Problem solved.
That's my plan. Plus there is talk from some of the authors that there was a plan in place had Picard contradicted the books (which it did). Great thing about Star Trek is there is always things that can "fix" things in universe (time travel, alternate universes, omnipotent beings, etc.)

This episode was a mix bag for me.

first the bad, it seem like this episode spent the first 2/3 of episode going over everything in the first two episodes. Once again, Romulan supernova, synth rebellion, data's daughter, after 30 min i was like, alright, we get it, move the damn plot along.

Second the good. The new supporting cast has been a really pleasant surprise. From the trailer it looked like these were going to be a bunch of do nothing meaningless people with no real relevance, but i commend the show by making each one interesting and relevant so far.

1 is a android scientist. 2 are former operatives. 1 is a former subordinate of Picard's who's career no only crashed and burned but she crashed and burned after Picard basically turned his back on her. And finally a former XO turned privateer.

All these characters are basically damaged goods. Not what i expected, and i find myself far more interested in them then i am in the Synth chick who's only significant attribute to date is the ability to bed a Romulan agent.

So, so far, good show, but Episode 3 only really had 10 min of real plot to it. Hoping next episode gets things more forward now that we are finally out of the vineyard.

That's my plan. Plus there is talk from some of the authors that there was a plan in place had Picard contradicted the books (which it did). Great thing about Star Trek is there is always things that can "fix" things in universe (time travel, alternate universes, omnipotent beings, etc.)
I'm a big fan of the books. I'm currently reading Available Light and then I have the latest, Collateral Damage.

I watched the first episode for free and decided to sign up and pay for the rest but the app won’t let me... been trying for 2 days...

Something tells me she might be an Oh plant. Something doesn't feel right how she just shows up at the chateau.

works for me, a little back stabbing amount the crew makes the story more interesting.

I heard a rumor that Redstone at CBSViacom is considering firing Kurtzman and bringing on Ronald D Moore to un-**** Star Trek. i really hope this rumor turns out to be true.

I do get less of a 'Picard' feeling from Jean Luc and more of a 'Stewert' feeling. Doesn't matter, I enjoy more stories of my second favorite fictional universe. Really that can be over looked since he isn't the Captain of a Star Fleet ship, and can be more loose. Kind of like him finally joining for poker at the end of TNG.

I haven't subscribed yet. I'm waiting until the last episode and then I'll grab a month and binge.

The fact that some time in the last twenty years a "race" of synthetic life forms is the real story here, something that no one was able to do in any of the three main shows (TNG, DS9, STV).

If I didn't know the history of the Cylons (re: Caprica) I could expect that Six would show up at some point. So, if they do call in Moore to right the ship how weird would that synergy be?

Worf is the Captain of the Enterprise. He isn't living on some planet with Troi and Riker.

Just download TeaTv on a tablet, computer, or your firestick and watch it for free.

At least it seems I had it figured out about Aggy.

I watched the season finale yesterday. Thoroughly enjoyed it and the season. Can't wait for the next season to see what they come up with for storylines.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom