Star Trek: Picard (1 Viewer)

I really enjoyed the season finale. Definitely an emotional rollercoaster.

Even though we all knew he would have his consciousness transferred, i shed some tears.

What I want to know is
those advanced synthetics are over 200,000 years old and yet they need a "beacon" to make it to this galaxy? They haven't advanced in that time frame? But they were most definitely going to fork shirt up. They looked evil. I was hoping for the very last scene that we see one of them made it out. They can't give us that threat and not expand on it.

What I want to know is
those advanced synthetics are over 200,000 years old and yet they need a "beacon" to make it to this galaxy? They haven't advanced in that time frame? But they were most definitely going to fork shirt up. They looked evil. I was hoping for the very last scene that we see one of them made it out. They can't give us that threat and not expand on it.

I don’t think they need a beacon. The beacon is just how you call them forth to wipe out all the meat bags in your galaxy.

Hmmm.
Reading all of y’all saying it was good I’m gonna pick it back up. It was cheesy AF to me and I stopped when he went to see Ryker and ‘dem. Troy I believe was her name.

The assassin kid is what really got me peeved. That guy and or his character/writing is terrible imo.

And I am the biggest Picard fan out there, so it was tough for me to drop it.

I don’t think they need a beacon. The beacon is just how you call them forth to wipe out all the meat bags in your galaxy.

I knew that part but they needed what it opened in order to come here is my point. Why did they need it coming from the planet? They can't use some kind of wormhole?

Well if they are outside of this dimension.... they'd need a beacon.

The beacon was a wormhole.

Last edited:
One theory is Control was coming, but the theory was also that control was the Borg origin. So it would tie the Borg being involved at all, together...

i have a feeling maybe discovery will be connected to this season of Picard some how.

Only thing we really know about Picard next season is Whoopi will, at minimum, make a cameo.

Well, I would say out of the mixed bag that has been Picard there are more good things then not.

The golem pretty much negates the death, and the star ship stand off was a bit underwhelming. like with the big battle at the end of season 2 of Discovery, with so man ships together, you don't really see anything clearly, so you get no good big ship moment or fly by. Also never mind how the Romulans, who are basically displaced refugees, have the ability to build and advanced fleet of war birds, but it it Star Trek, and yes, even the almighty "classic" shows too liberties with things like this.

The character driven story line though the show has been relatively good, the characters have been interesting and have had a good amount of depth. I even like that data's "children" weren't necessarily all good either, for every Soshi, you can still have a Lore, which i still wish had been a part of the show.

And no, i still don't by into the control/borg connection, the borg are not synthetic, they are cyborgs, completely different.

I would rate Picard a good B- as a show. Though I'd say its till not Star Trek show i want. Its Firefly in the star trek universe, which is fine, but at some point a real Star Trek show needs to see the light of day to deals directly with the state and drama of the federation and Starfleet.

If i was running the show, I'd have Q show in season 2 episode 1 and warn picard that species 8472 is coming, and have them decimate half the federation. That would unite all the races in star trek against a common foe.

Well, I would say out of the mixed bag that has been Picard there are more good things then not.

The golem pretty much negates the death, and the star ship stand off was a bit underwhelming. like with the big battle at the end of season 2 of Discovery, with so man ships together, you don't really see anything clearly, so you get no good big ship moment or fly by. Also never mind how the Romulans, who are basically displaced refugees, have the ability to build and advanced fleet of war birds, but it it Star Trek, and yes, even the almighty "classic" shows too liberties with things like this.

The character driven story line though the show has been relatively good, the characters have been interesting and have had a good amount of depth. I even like that data's "children" weren't necessarily all good either, for every Soshi, you can still have a Lore, which i still wish had been a part of the show.

And no, i still don't by into the control/borg connection, the borg are not synthetic, they are cyborgs, completely different.

I would rate Picard a good B- as a show. Though I'd say its till not Star Trek show i want. Its Firefly in the star trek universe, which is fine, but at some point a real Star Trek show needs to see the light of day to deals directly with the state and drama of the federation and Starfleet.

If i was running the show, I'd have Q show in season 2 episode 1 and warn picard that species 8472 is coming, and have them decimate half the federation. That would unite all the races in star trek against a common foe.

Heck no.
Firefly and Serenity are the cream of the crop imo. This isn’t even close.
TNG maybe, this, no.

This 10 episode story arc was a D+. Brent Spiner saved it from an F. This whole story could have been told and told better in 5 episodes, leaving room for the show to go somewhere afterwards.

Dialogue like "Did you find the synths?" "Yes" "Did you eff any of them?" "No" "Did you kill any of them?" "One". Is not Star Trek.

Well if they are outside of this dimension.... they'd need a beacon.

The beacon was a wormhole.

They aren't outside our dimension. They left the admonition behind so they've been here before. The beacon let them know that they were needed but they should've been able to get here without it afterwards. I mean 200,000 years isn't enough time to master wormhole travel?

They aren't outside our dimension. They left the admonition behind so they've been here before. The beacon let them know that they were needed but they should've been able to get here without it afterwards. I mean 200,000 years isn't enough time to master wormhole travel?
how many times have the Terrans been in this dimension?

anyway, this episode had a macguffin of all macguffins and activating a beacon that creates a wormhole directly to the location of need is the issue with this episode? Maybe the wormhole was needed to be able to send the signal in the first place cause they could have been in an entirely different galaxy. The universe is HUGE, maybe the signal couldn't get to them without it.

how many times have the Terrans been in this dimension?

anyway, this episode had a macguffin of all macguffins and activating a beacon that creates a wormhole directly to the location of need is the issue with this episode? Maybe the wormhole was needed to be able to send the signal in the first place cause they could have been in an entirely different galaxy. The universe is HUGE, maybe the signal couldn't get to them without it.

Again, I'm not talking about the signal. The signal makes sense. They need to know when they are needed so the signal accomplishes that. I'm talking about after the wormhole is shut down. Are you telling me there's no way for them to get here when they've already done it 200,000 years ago? If they were so advanced that long ago then surely they can travel wherever they want pretty quickly by now. Shutting that thing down shouldn't have stopped them so easily especially if they can eradicate all organic life in our quadrant. And now that the signal was sent however briefly they now know there's synthetic life over here so they should be trying to get here to kill all organic life. Maybe that will be a part of season 2?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom