Star Trek: Strange New Worlds (4 Viewers)

I will watch it. I suffered through Picard Season 2. It sucked. There was an idea of a good story there, but it sucked. Discovery Sucked. I don't expect much from this one either, but I will watch because, hey, it's Star Trek.

I really enjoyed the first episode, and while I've read about the parallels/similarities w/ the O.G. and TNG series, as someone who has never watched them (along w/ DS9), I can appreciate what they're doing w/ this one...

I like rewatching shows to pick up on little things that I missed the first time around. This isn’t a spoiler, but noticed that the shuttle craft that delivers Pike to the Enterprise is called the Stamets.

I will watch it. I suffered through Picard Season 2. It sucked. There was an idea of a good story there, but it sucked. Discovery Sucked. I don't expect much from this one either, but I will watch because, hey, it's Star Trek.
Picard doesn't suck. Discovery didn't suck until every damn episode had to have crying and bull like that.

I like rewatching shows to pick up on little things that I missed the first time around. This isn’t a spoiler, but noticed that the shuttle craft that delivers Pike to the Enterprise is called the Stamets.
Who was Stamets? I remember that name so it had to have been from Enterprise. I never watched TOS.

Also watched the first episode last night. I was pleasantly surprised by the show. Really liked TOS and Enterprise references. I am slightly hopeful for the series. Just hope it doesn't turn into a social justice platform like Discovery did.
I believe that Star Trek always have a social justice platform at the time. Multicultural team. Russian member. Interracial dating. Or maybe the days we watched it, those were norms so they were not seen as such.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom