Star Wars 9 rise of sky walker [Spoilers] (3 Viewers)

Y'all are too hard on TLJ.

porg-star-war.jpg.653x0_q80_crop-smart.jpg

For those of you who haven't kept up, Its been well reported that JJ Abrams is doing as much course correction from the Last Jedi as possible, and that TLJ was not NOT JJ vision for the overall trilogy. Midnight's Edge just released a good video detailing this.

That gives me "Hope" this movie will be more narrative focused with the over arching story.

Didn't expect the Death Star (which means Endor) but that makes sense as since that's where Palpatine died, if he's going to be in it, they will likely visit him there as a dark side force ghost, instead of him running the New Order like Snoke.

Bah! I liked TLJ and every kid in my family loved it. Whether or not I wanted to see it (and I do), I'd have to go see it because my 11 year old daughter is going to demand that we're there. Y'all are too hard on TLJ.
No we aren't. I'd rather watch Attack of the Clones on a 24 hour loop than have to sit through TLJ again.

I've given up. I haven't watched Solo and it's on Netflix.

I've watched Solo twice. It really isn't that bad imo. I thought Rogue One and Solo were better than TFA and TLJ in a lot of ways. I liked TFA, but TLJ was a movie that really didn't fit in the saga IMO. I haven't given up on SW, loved it since I was a kid, but they really could learn a thing or two from MCU/Avengers on story telling, action sequences and developing characters. The bar has been lowered instead of raised, which is really disappointing because I think the SW series deserves better.

I've watched Solo twice. It really isn't that bad imo. I thought Rogue One and Solo were better than TFA and TLJ in a lot of ways. I liked TFA, but TLJ was a movie that really didn't fit in the saga IMO. I haven't given up on SW, loved it since I was a kid, but they really could learn a thing or two from MCU/Avengers on story telling, action sequences and developing characters. The bar has been lowered instead of raised, which is really disappointing because I think the SW series deserves better.

The biggest mistake they make was not having a show running that put together a fame work arching plan for all movies.

The original way of Lucas figuring things out one movie at a time is not valid process anymore (if it ever really was, i personally thing Star Wars at times was successfully inspite of Lucas, not because of him) when the you have both the Marvel and Lord of the Rings templates that have been hugely successful.

The only other process that resembles Lucas film is the DC cinematic universe, and we can see that didn't work out well either.

Star Wars needs a Kevin Feige.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom