Star Wars 9 rise of sky walker [Spoilers] (4 Viewers)

Bah! I liked TLJ and every kid in my family loved it. Whether or not I wanted to see it (and I do), I'd have to go see it because my 11 year old daughter is going to demand that we're there. Y'all are too hard on TLJ.

I really do think it is a generational thing. I did not like TLJ. My daughter (in her 20s) loved it. I didn't like what they did with Luke, and that was the main thing--there were others, but that was the main problem I had with it. People who were not as vested in Luke and the original trilogy had no issue with his character.

i’m going to anticipate this as another sheetty star wars, so hopefully my expectations are far exceeded.

The biggest mistake they make was not having a show running that put together a fame work arching plan for all movies.

The original way of Lucas figuring things out one movie at a time is not valid process anymore (if it ever really was, i personally thing Star Wars at times was successfully inspite of Lucas, not because of him) when the you have both the Marvel and Lord of the Rings templates that have been hugely successful.

The only other process that resembles Lucas film is the DC cinematic universe, and we can see that didn't work out well either.

Star Wars needs a Kevin Feige.

Agreed, the reason it's disappointing to me is there was plenty of time to put together a grand seamless story arc and split it into 3 movies, rather than the way it's been done. A Feige is sorely needed, but it's too late now. If Disney gives the go ahead for another 3 part series, they really need to rethink their overall strategy and bring a Feige type in to pull it all together.

The biggest mistake they make was not having a show running that put together a fame work arching plan for all movies.
This.
While TFA was derivative, it opened a lot of new threads to expound upon, then Johnson just trashed them all to make his own movie. They had no clear vision and nothing about these movies will feel like a "trilogy."

TLJ was the best installment since Empire (certainly in the eyes of those who know film, if not the incels) and this is a striking teaser. Can't wait!
I would say Revenge of The Sith was the best since Empire, but name-calling and talking down to those that disagree with your opinion certainly wins your argument.

I'm glad you enjoyed TLJ. I wish I could have. I really wanted to, but I walked out feeling like Johnson took a steaming shirt on OT fans and even Abrams. If that's your thing, good for you. You can just enjoy "salty fanboi tears," because the interwebs tells me that's a thing too.

I would say Revenge of The Sith was the best since Empire, but name-calling and talking down to those that disagree with your opinion certainly wins your argument.

I'm glad you enjoyed TLJ. I wish I could have. I really wanted to, but I walked out feeling like Johnson took a steaming shirt on OT fans and even Abrams. If that's your thing, good for you. You can just enjoy "salty fanboi tears," because the interwebs tells me that's a thing too.

His film paid more attention to the OT than did any of the others. Frankly, he understands SW better than those fans who claim to be the caretakers who were so upset their theories about Snoke were wrong.

His film paid more attention to the OT than did any of the others. Frankly, he understands SW better than those fans who claim to be the caretakers who were so upset their theories about Snoke were wrong.

Eh, he did it at the expense of TFA and continuity. I mean, forget the previous trilogies, how about some sense of a story arc that flows from TFA into TLJ. There were elements of TLJ I liked, but the overall story was disjointed and didn't make a lot of sense with the backdrop of TFA. They were 2 completely different movies. It never felt right to me.

I was ok with it in the theater, but when I watched it a second time, I barely got through it. Which actually was a first for me. Idk, to each his own I guess.

And really, this is coming from someone who wants to love the SW series. I've always been a fan, will always be a fan, I just felt like the ball got dropped. A lot of SW fans feel the same way.

Last edited:
TLJ was the best installment since Empire (certainly in the eyes of those who know film, if not the incels) and this is a striking teaser. Can't wait!
Yeah, I'm going to have to disagree with you on that. TLJ is a bad movie, and on a lot of levels. "Can you hear me now," "yo mama," Rose, the space walrus titty milk, Canto Bight, DJ, and on and on.

Edit:...Leia Poppins, Holdo, the mutiny from not sharing “the plan,” Kylo Ren’s fall being based on a misunderstanding, the pointlessness of Phasma, slapstick Hux...

Just bad, bad, bad writing.

Last edited:
Ah, I kinda firgured this would venture into "you're just mad your fan theories were wrong" argument. People have fan theories about MCU movies all the time, and most are wrong. You know what, though? Those same people(and, these franchises have a huge crossover in fanbases) still like those movies? Why? Because those movies are good. And, they fit into an overall narrative. TLJ didn't.

And, please explain to me how Johnson gets SW. The opening joke with Poe talking about being "on hold" told me right away he didn't understand the movies at all. Then, it was all downhill from there.

Hey, if you like TLJ, you can’t complain about any movie. You have to like everything, you’re not allowed to say anything doesn’t make sense, nothing is a plot hole, every joke is clever, every movie is awesome. No matter what happens too. Seeing yoda on a toilet would be awesome because it subverts expectations. Loved it!

No we aren't. I'd rather watch Attack of the Clones on a 24 hour loop than have to sit through TLJ again.

I'll tell you what, last week I watched Attack of the Clones for the first time in years, on Blu Ray. And I've come to the conclusion that this movie gets a bad wrap.

Hate on the dialogue and mushy stuff all you want, but there's no question to me that this movie has the best action scenes and saber battles of any Star Wars movie to date. The last 30 minutes or so of Attack of the Clones is the best single half hour of the entire saga. Don't @ me.

I'll tell you what, last week I watched Attack of the Clones for the first time in years, on Blu Ray. And I've come to the conclusion that this movie gets a bad wrap.

Hate on the dialogue and mushy stuff all you want, but there's no question to me that this movie has the best action scenes and saber battles of any Star Wars movie to date. The last 30 minutes or so of Attack of the Clones is the best single half hour of the entire saga. Don't @ me.

The book was great because the acting was turrible

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom