Star Wars 9 rise of sky walker [Spoilers] (2 Viewers)

Rumor has been how this movie performs determines what happens with Kennedy next year. Last year of her contract. I'm going to go ahead and say someone else is running Lucasfilm in 2021.

I'd be willing to bet money on Kennedy being shown the door. Of course, they'll put it out there as "she has decided to step down to be with family" or some such thing.

I'd be willing to bet money on Kennedy being shown the door. Of course, they'll put it out there as "she has decided to step down to be with family" or some such thing.

Hope you're right. How it's framed doesn't really matter to me. We just need a new vision for Star Wars going forward imo.

I’ll say this. I saw it Friday afternoon and again Saturday morning, and not once in either showing did I check the time. It moves, there’s no cringey dialogue, the acting is really strong (Adam Driver in particular is really fantastic).

I don’t think it’ll change my opinion that the sequel trilogy will ultimately be looked at as a missed opportunity, but it’s definitely not the worst movie in the saga. I’d put it on par with TFA, behind the OT but ahead of the prequels and TLJ.

I’ll say this. I saw it Friday afternoon and again Saturday morning, and not once in either showing did I check the time. It moves, there’s no cringey dialogue, the acting is really strong (Adam Driver in particular is really fantastic).

I don’t think it’ll change my opinion that the sequel trilogy will ultimately be looked at as a missed opportunity, but it’s definitely not the worst movie in the saga. I’d put it on par with TFA, behind the OT but ahead of the prequels and TLJ.

I think that my assessment is pretty much the same.

I've seen it twice now and I have updated my saga rankings:

1. ep5 ESB
2. ep9 RoS
3. ep4 ANH
4. ep7 TFA
5. ep6 RoTJ
6. ep3 RoTS
7. ep8 TLJ
9. ep1 TPM ep2 AToC

Last edited:
This isn't necessarily a comment about RoS, but more a general statement. I get that some people like it, some people don't. This is the way. However, what I find irritating is the whole extremes. There is no reason to question anyone's personality, intelligence, level of fandom or mental state in the debate. It is a freaking movie! If you disagree with someone's opinion of it, accept it and move along.

This is the way.
I think you mean

Mandalorian-This-Is-The-Way-Quote.jpg

If you're gonna fix TLJ. Just add another film to the series. Felt like I watched two films.

It felt like a Star Wars film. Which is infinitely better than TLJ. TLJ felt like a parody of Star Wars film.

Can never lose! Not to no men!

why do you have to make this a gender war thing? You come off awfully threatened. There’s no need to have your sense of masculinity so tied to a science fiction film.

Girls can be powerful Jedi too.

I was glad to hear Ahsoka’s voice. She was my oldest daughter’s favorite Jedi. And I think Rey has a shot to be my youngest daughter’s. And that’s cool imo.

I think it's a little unfair to lump all of the prequels together, because I do feel Revenge of the Sith is one of the stronger movies in the saga. I would probably put it bit ahead of TFA.
revenge of the sith is my favourite outside of the originals. who doesn't love....

20b2f9_c96860b994ca4d8fa52ecc2819de359d.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom