Star Wars 9 rise of sky walker [Spoilers] (3 Viewers)

FL_Saint

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Probably true. I should have said "any lawyer that thinks something is absolute" - cause we know lawyers will say things they don't actually believe.
I’m not a lawyer, but I watch Bull, so …

Anyway, I forgot where I was going with this.

superchuck500

tiny changes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I really enjoyed TFA. You may want to stop there though.
Okay so I watched TFA. Enjoyed it - but it’s pretty obviously a copy of E4. And all the old characters and references make it more noticeable. Some variations keep it interesting but the formula is the same, even the way the plot moves through different sections seems almost identical.

But whatever, I’m down with it. On to TLJ.

superchuck500

tiny changes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Okay so yeah - Last Jedi seems like an 80s TV show. How did it get that cheesy? The sets are cheesy. The story is cheesy. The cinematography is really cheesy. WTH?

It’s amazing how a different director can get off the path so quickly.

nolastyle

The Future Has Arrived
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Not many redeeming qualities from TLJ other than maybe the fight between Kylo/Rey and the Praetorian guards.

Watched Solo for the first time this morning. Didn't care for the Han casting but otherwise enjoyable.

superchuck500

tiny changes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Not many redeeming qualities from TLJ other than maybe the fight between Kylo/Rey and the Praetorian guards.

Watched Solo for the first time this morning. Didn't care for the Han casting but otherwise enjoyable.
Yeah, the guard battle was pretty cool. I also really didn't mind the last 20 minutes or so - with Luke projecting himself or whatever to fight Kylo. Also the way Laura Dern's character showed she was actually totally down for the fight was pretty good too IMO.

It wasn't all bad.

boutrous

the only way I know how
Reaction score
Just saw RoS last night and I really enjoyed it. Yes it had it's flaws and JJs "script" was noticeably rushed (first director was fired and JJ was brought in with not a lot of time to rewrite). I feel like it fixed a lot the mistakes that TLJ made and used characters much better. Some things were ham-fisted and probably not really necessary and some things were completely warranted like fixing BB8. The final battle between Rey, Ben, and Sidious could have used some more time. I did really enjoy the Han cameo with the rehashed dialog giving it new meaning. Overall it was much better than TLJ and a really enjoyed it, but could have used another 6 months or so to fix some holes.

Haha, also, as soon as the Rebels are together for the first time they have a huge meeting.... like they do in every other Star Wars movie, and I said kinda loud, "See a planning meeting... if they only had a meeting in the last movie when wouldn't be in half of this mess!"

peglegpeet13

23-3 What a Night!!!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I saw it and enjoyed it. I was happy for the Han cameo, I honestly wasn't expecting it. I need to get up to date with my Star Wars series as well, because I honestly didn't recognize some of the voices that spoke to Rey. I knew the obvious ones, but had to find out who the others were.

The part where Chewie learned that Leia died broke my heart, I won't lie.

boutrous

the only way I know how
Reaction score
Strangely enough... one of the things that bothered me most about TLJ was that Luke did not use his green lightsaber at the end in his force projection. This would be the saber that Ben knows him best for, the saber that Ben thought Luke was going to use to kill him and instead triggers him to destroy Luke's "Home for Wayward Jedi".

At the end, when Rey goes back to Ahch-To and sees Luke's force ghost, he opens a hidden compartment in the wall and presents her with a 2nd saber. I yelled out, FINALLY THE GREEN SABER!!! But no..... some bullshirt about a Leia saber we've never seen before.... LAME!!!! Why did both JJ and the "Director we don't mention" fail to give us the green lightsaber except for one brief flashback???? It's maddening. Why 2 blue sabers to fight Snoke instead of a blue and a green?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom