Star Wars 9 rise of sky walker [Spoilers] (1 Viewer)

What if miss Daisy really just wants to drive. Make a deal with hux and Adam be none the wiser. The problem is ya never know who's lookin on. But back to the start oleander fans,dont it make you feel like your hands are off the wheel and eveee is a control freak liar . Yeah it definitely does.

What if miss Daisy really just wants to drive. Make a deal with hux and Adam be none the wiser. The problem is ya never know who's lookin on. But back to the start oleander fans,dont it make you feel like your hands are off the wheel and eveee is a control freak liar . Yeah it definitely does.
I'll wait for the English translation to come out.; )

Obviously

I went a week ago. I can say that I was sort of undecided upon leaving theater. It has grown on me a little bit since. For what it lacked in story/lore it made up for in sheer action/pace, even if it did feel choppy and was certainly rushed. Def enjoyed the not exactly subtle middle fingers to TLJ director. I rewatched that piece of work last night on D+ (2nd viewing) and it was somehow worse. I hope some lessons were learned by the people in charge, because I do care about many of the characters and would like to see more of them in the future.

So the basics of Star Wars is... don't care for a cohesive lore that makes sense from open to close. Just give way to non creator story arcs and get over it. Had Lucas been the backbone to the over arc of the complete skywalker story we could accept it's failures as such. but since the "creator" of the story had almost nothing to do with the resolution we are just screwed.... Anyway.. that's how i see. it.

Had Jrr tolkeien died before he completed the story of the Ring we'd probably not have issues with seemingly questionable story arcs... but we didnt... we had to deal with Lucas cashing out. Some have had issues with the Wheel of time's ending because robert jordan died before it was complete... but at least Robert had as story conclusion for Brandon.

Eh.. oh well. Find some other story to care about and move on.

So the basics of Star Wars is... don't care for a cohesive lore that makes sense from open to close. Just give way to non creator story arcs and get over it. Had Lucas been the backbone to the over arc of the complete skywalker story we could accept it's failures as such. but since the "creator" of the story had almost nothing to do with the resolution we are just screwed.... Anyway.. that's how i see. it.

Had Jrr tolkeien died before he completed the story of the Ring we'd probably not have issues with seemingly questionable story arcs... but we didnt... we had to deal with Lucas cashing out. Some have had issues with the Wheel of time's ending because robert jordan died before it was complete... but at least Robert had as story conclusion for Brandon.

Eh.. oh well. Find some other story to care about and move on.
Everything that’s not blockbuster movie seems to have much tighter stories and lore
i think history will show that the sequel trilogy was hamstrung trying to be a referent Star Wars, a new Star Wars and also a Disney
moving forward, the new stories won’t have quite the albatross to contend with

Everything that’s not blockbuster movie seems to have much tighter stories and lore
i think history will show that the sequel trilogy was hamstrung trying to be a referent Star Wars, a new Star Wars and also a Disney
These last few Star Wars movies are just big video game fetch quests. Everything is condensed to here is the issue and you need to go here and find this thing and confront the bad guys. Its lazy writing for a clear lack of any creative story telling or character development. They never explained Rey's parents back story or how Palpatine even had a daughter? How was he reanimated? Why didn't the Sith just find a new Emperor? Why is Rey the last Jedi? Lore clearly says that not all were killed...

Last edited:
These last few Star Wars movies are just big video game fetch quests.

as a veteran WoW player...

f7b.gif

(and it's a totally valid criticism)

We finally went out and watched it. I don't know if there's much to say or add really. And I guess that's sort of the problem with these movies now. They just don't have anything. They're fine if you're bored or just want to see spaceship special effects, but there's just not much character or story to speak of. And maybe these movies always sucked and it's just the nostalgia of being a kid that still enjoys the old ones, but the only emotional connection I ever had to this movie was when the musical themes from the old movies would ramp up. I didn't hate it. There's nothing to hate. It's like hating Cleveland or a random pile of bricks.

And once again, I don't know what the point of Finn and Poe were. They did nothing except frantically run around from place to place

These last few Star Wars movies are just big video game fetch quests. Everything is condensed to here is the issue and you need to go here and find this thing and confront the bad guys. Its lazy writing for a clear lack of any creative story telling or character development. They never explained Rey's parents back story or how Palpatine even had a daughter? How was he reanimated? Why didn't the Sith just find a new Emperor? Why is Rey the last Jedi? Lore clearly says that not all were killed...
Palps son was Rey's father, not Palps daughter/mother....

As someone who is new to Star Wars, I’ve only seen Episodes 1-6 the weekend before The Force Awakens when my friends forced me to watch it.
But I think Disney has plans to turn this into their Star Trek franchise. Before Disney, SW only had the movies and The Clone Wars TV show. To many SW was strictly cinematic compared to Star Trek’s numerous TV shows. You can see them going into that direction with The Mandalorian and the planned Obi Wan series. Star Wars is gonna be different in the next few years. There is a difference between cinematic and serialized storytelling.
Personally, I think the reason why every SW trilogy gets hate except the original is because there is so few SW content out compared to other franchises. The movies get overanalyzed to death.
I think once Disney starts after the Sequel Trilogy, it’ll be looked at in a better light than it is now at its release.
And if Disney’s SW shows are like The Mandalorian, the franchise will be fine.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom