Star Wars 9 rise of sky walker [Spoilers] (6 Viewers)

Thinking about it today, I really enjoyed Rogue One. I kind of want to watch 4, 5, and 6 now.

I think one of my favorite parts was at the end when you're like "Damn! Darth Vader just took on 30 dudes with a lightsaber. What a bad arse.!"
I feel the last 10 min of Rogue One and the first 10 of ANH don’t match up very well - it’s a bit of a let down
Once the droids are on tatooine it’s all good

I feel the last 10 min of Rogue One and the first 10 of ANH don’t match up very well - it’s a bit of a let down
Once the droids are on tatooine it’s all good

It does explain why Vader is so P'Oed at the beginning of ANH

Leia - I don't know what you're talking about, we're on a diplomatic mission

Vader - Birch, I JUST saw you 10 minutes ago!!!

Last edited:
I really enjoyed TFA. You may want to stop there though.

Okay so I watched TFA. Enjoyed it - but it’s pretty obviously a copy of E4. And all the old characters and references make it more noticeable. Some variations keep it interesting but the formula is the same, even the way the plot moves through different sections seems almost identical.

But whatever, I’m down with it. On to TLJ.

Okay so yeah - Last Jedi seems like an 80s TV show. How did it get that cheesy? The sets are cheesy. The story is cheesy. The cinematography is really cheesy. WTH?

It’s amazing how a different director can get off the path so quickly.

Not many redeeming qualities from TLJ other than maybe the fight between Kylo/Rey and the Praetorian guards.

Watched Solo for the first time this morning. Didn't care for the Han casting but otherwise enjoyable.

Not many redeeming qualities from TLJ other than maybe the fight between Kylo/Rey and the Praetorian guards.

Watched Solo for the first time this morning. Didn't care for the Han casting but otherwise enjoyable.

Yeah, the guard battle was pretty cool. I also really didn't mind the last 20 minutes or so - with Luke projecting himself or whatever to fight Kylo. Also the way Laura Dern's character showed she was actually totally down for the fight was pretty good too IMO.

It wasn't all bad.

Just saw RoS last night and I really enjoyed it. Yes it had it's flaws and JJs "script" was noticeably rushed (first director was fired and JJ was brought in with not a lot of time to rewrite). I feel like it fixed a lot the mistakes that TLJ made and used characters much better. Some things were ham-fisted and probably not really necessary and some things were completely warranted like fixing BB8. The final battle between Rey, Ben, and Sidious could have used some more time. I did really enjoy the Han cameo with the rehashed dialog giving it new meaning. Overall it was much better than TLJ and a really enjoyed it, but could have used another 6 months or so to fix some holes.

Haha, also, as soon as the Rebels are together for the first time they have a huge meeting.... like they do in every other Star Wars movie, and I said kinda loud, "See a planning meeting... if they only had a meeting in the last movie when wouldn't be in half of this mess!"

I saw it and enjoyed it. I was happy for the Han cameo, I honestly wasn't expecting it. I need to get up to date with my Star Wars series as well, because I honestly didn't recognize some of the voices that spoke to Rey. I knew the obvious ones, but had to find out who the others were.

The part where Chewie learned that Leia died broke my heart, I won't lie.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom