Star Wars 9 rise of sky walker [Spoilers] (2 Viewers)

Or like X-Box vs Playstation people or like Marvel vs DC people or like Democrat vs Republican people...It's not isolated to Star Wars.

Or Saints vs Panthers people...

Things are just things. Yet somehow we cling to a team as tightly as we can.

That said, both the prequels and sequels have many many problems and they should have been good given how much people love Star Wars and the original trilogy. The MCU just made it worse in how they managed to make many more movies good than only 9.

I watched the movie again recently - I'll post my full thoughts later

This scene would have helped
===========================
...................In Chewie actor Joonas Suotamo's'My Life as a Wookiee' (translated from Finnish and shared on Twitter by an Adam Driver fan account), it is revealed that the torture scene was"very intense" and that he believes it was cut because it undermined Kylo's eventful redemption and sacrifice.

Interestingly, the scene does appear in the official novelization, with Kylo reading Chewie's mind and, instead of finding hatred, he sees only images of love that Chewie has for the young Ben Solo................

'The Rise of Skywalker' Originally Featured a Chewie Torture Scene (msn.com)

Looking back on the Star Wars discussions... I find it humorous that SW Nerds had issues with TLJ, and some tried to defend TLJ to the last breath... but when the Paid SW Nerds bring up the exact same issues that Fan SW Nerds had in their Disney+ discussion, the same defenders are now seeing what the rest of us Nerds had been griping about.

Looking back on the Star Wars discussions... I find it humorous that SW Nerds had issues with TLJ, and some tried to defend TLJ to the last breath... but when the Paid SW Nerds bring up the exact same issues that Fan SW Nerds had in their Disney+ discussion, the same defenders are now seeing what the rest of us Nerds had been griping about.
not following??

I believe that you believe what you said made sense.

Ok, I think?

not following??

I believe what he's saying (in some sort of Pynchon-like stream of consciousness style) is that he feels redeemed to hear that people like John Favreau, Dave Filoni, etc., etc. are now voicing the same complaints with TLJ that most of SW fandom had with it, and he figures those who defended it might now get the objections since they're being voiced by people who are producing the Disney+ SW series.

............Kylo Ren is introduced in The Force Awakens as an angsty, murderous villain firmly on the dark side, but finds himself redeemed by the end of the trilogy. In a new interview, Driver has revealed this was not meant to be the case and said he tried to keep the original arc in mind despite the change.

“JJ Abrams walked me through what he wanted to do with the character, but you had to sign up and be like, ‘I’m gonna do it,’ and once I did that, I went to London to star for pre-production,” Driver said on The Rich Eisen Show.

He said he “had an overall arc in mind” that Abrams “wanted to do”, stating: “His idea was that [Kylo Ren’s] journey was the opposite journey of Vader, where Vader starts the most confident and the most committed to the dark side – and then by the last movie, he’s the most vulnerable and weak. He wanted to start with the opposite.

“This character was the most confused and vulnerable, and by the end of the three movies, he would be the most committed to the dark side. I tried to keep that arc in mind, regardless if that wound up not being the journey anyway, because it changed while shooting. But I was still focused on that.”.............

............Kylo Ren is introduced in The Force Awakens as an angsty, murderous villain firmly on the dark side, but finds himself redeemed by the end of the trilogy. In a new interview, Driver has revealed this was not meant to be the case and said he tried to keep the original arc in mind despite the change.

“JJ Abrams walked me through what he wanted to do with the character, but you had to sign up and be like, ‘I’m gonna do it,’ and once I did that, I went to London to star for pre-production,” Driver said on The Rich Eisen Show.

He said he “had an overall arc in mind” that Abrams “wanted to do”, stating: “His idea was that [Kylo Ren’s] journey was the opposite journey of Vader, where Vader starts the most confident and the most committed to the dark side – and then by the last movie, he’s the most vulnerable and weak. He wanted to start with the opposite.

“This character was the most confused and vulnerable, and by the end of the three movies, he would be the most committed to the dark side. I tried to keep that arc in mind, regardless if that wound up not being the journey anyway, because it changed while shooting. But I was still focused on that.”.............

In the expanded universe, that’s how Jacen Solo evolved. Started out unsure of what the Force wanted from him and ended up as another Sidious.

It's not like we needed another reason to hate the sequel trilogy, but yeah.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom