Star Wars 9 rise of sky walker [Spoilers] (5 Viewers)

So wait....Rey turns to the Dark Side? And they reveal that in the trailer? That would be almost like having Darth Vader say "I'm your father" in the trailer. If they're revealing something as big as that in the trailer, I don't hold much hope for this one.

Asoka is one of the best character in all of Star Wars. No one gives a crap about female Jedi.
I'm just pevd she wasn't called anoka,she probably is as well. No 9s rarely disappoint,this one should be a good one. Rey probably has a major part. Maybe solo comes back,wouldn't that be quite the curve.

So wait....Rey turns to the Dark Side? And they reveal that in the trailer? That would be almost like having Darth Vader say "I'm your father" in the trailer. If they're revealing something as big as that in the trailer, I don't hold much hope for this one.
I doubt she turns.

Maybe just another reflection? Maybe someone trying to influence her? A dream? A clone?

Who is she going to match up against if she does go villain. Or is it going to be a two hr seduction flick light on the duels and dogfights. More mind game than action seq.

I doubt she turns.

Maybe just another reflection? Maybe someone trying to influence her? A dream? A clone?

Perhaps. Notice that she has a ring on her left hand. Could it be Snoke's ring? I'm seeing that speculation around the web.

How funky is that someone placed a wasp I wanna be somebody YouTube photo over the trailer pic when I went back to the sticky at the start. Clever, what's next angry young man or come sail away.

I read an interesting theory that maybe Luke didn't die, but ascended and will or has acquired the powers of both Light & Dark. Apparently there are some Dark side powers that could allow Luke to do some crazy stuff from the "spirit" realm. Snoke's storyline has something to do with this. The trailer quotes, "every generation has a legend," right after Luke is telling Rey that 1,000 generations live in her now. It goes on to suggest Skywalker is not referring to the family name, but that of a new type of Jedi/Sith that blends the 2. That could also be why Luke felt like the Jedi must end in TLJ.

What you got? :p

The Emperor started that idea in Revenge of the Sith. He said that one should have an overall view of the force, though I doubt he ever used the light side.

Man, I really hope they don't give Rey a lineage. I think it works way better thematically for her to not be related to anyone. The Force doesn't belong to one family, and it shouldn't. I think in some ways the whole experiment of creating Anakin Skywalker put the force out of balance, and this will finally put it back.

I always viewed Rey as just like Anakin, created by the force. When she asks that mirror looking thing about her parents it shows herself in an infinite loop. I believe had Anakin gone there and asked the same question he would have seen the infinite loop of himself.

in the second Force Unleashed video game, Vader cloned Starkiller because he was a pretty powerful jedi(probably a little OP)...

it's certainly possible she was cloned instead of Rey going to the darkside on her own volition...but i think it's probably some sort of vision or dream thing going on

plus Disney isn't going to break the hearts of millions of 6 year old girls by turning her bad

I doubt she turns.

Yeah, if that was real then I don’t think they would drop it in a teaser trailer. I’m thinking cave vision or something.

We’ll find out in a few months. I’m looking forward to it.

Abrams never gives away real plot points so what ever this "Ray to the darkside" thing really is i'm sure its a misdirection.

That being said, everything i hear about this movie gives me the impression it gets further and further away from TFA and TLJ.

The disconnected storytelling continues to be the Achilles heal of the whole franchise. Nothing seems to matter, nothing is inter-related to anything.

Its like the looked at Lost, Mavel, and GOT and decided, lets not do anything those franchise did to become successful.

Its like the looked at Lost, Mavel, and GOT and decided, lets not do anything those franchise did to become successful.

and then they looked at the legions of neckbeards ready to cry about everything and said, 'no matter what we do, they won't like it'

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom