Star Wars 9 rise of sky walker [Spoilers] (7 Viewers)

i would be curious to see how the original trilogy was received by the average adult at the time....my parents are definitely not Star Wars fans but they took us to see the movies....i don't think they really cared much either way

that also makes me remember my experiences with bringing my son to see movies like Transformers and even watching the SW prequels with him...i enjoyed them much more because he enjoyed them...i tried to watch them through his eyes instead of the eyes of a cynical 30 something

Oddly enough, my parents were the opposite. They took me to the SW movies when I was a kids and they loved it and for a while, it was tradition to watch SW during the winter holidays. I still do it somewhat. There is so much more to see now that I rarely get around to rewatching them in recent years.

I'm sort of debating whether to do something different for the holidays this year. Maybe a new greatest hits films. I'm actually thinking about doing something similar for the Marvel/Avengers group of movies. But 22 of them. Idk if I'd get through all of them in 3 weeks. I still do have a life, lol.

I'd be more curious to have an adult who generally likes sci-fi, but somehow has never seen any of them, to sit through all of them and give impressions. Of course that unicorn doesn't exist, so we may never know.
I know of one unicorn, but with it being such a small sample size it may not matter. Buddy of mine saw 4, 5, & 6 for the first time as an adult. He didn't hate them, but he also didn't really see what the big deal was.

Oddly enough, my parents were the opposite. They took me to the SW movies when I was a kids and they loved it and for a while, it was tradition to watch SW during the winter holidays. I still do it somewhat. There is so much more to see now that I rarely get around to rewatching them in recent years.

I'm sort of debating whether to do something different for the holidays this year. Maybe a new greatest hits films. I'm actually thinking about doing something similar for the Marvel/Avengers group of movies. But 22 of them. Idk if I'd get through all of them in 3 weeks. I still do have a life, lol.
i'm seriously considering doing a movie per night over thanksgiving in preparation for december
i would love for this to be our first family film - i took the boys to Spiderverse and the yr old 'almost' lasted the whole time
we'll see

THought this was a pretty good breakdown of the trailer. Specifically the very end where they theorize on how Palpatine is brought back.

I wish I loved anyone or anything as much as that chick loves her some Star Wars. Good lord, she was crying over a trailer for a movie about space wizards.

THought this was a pretty good breakdown of the trailer. Specifically the very end where they theorize on how Palpatine is brought back.

binge mode is one of my listens - -they super over the top, but well informed and passionate (and it just so happened i started listening to their star wars recaps today)

Wow, you snooze you lose. The IMAX screens have more or less sold out for Thursday and Friday near me. I'm going to have to watch it on a regular screen like a chump.

I don't care about any of the characters in this movie except maybe Chewbacca, but I am sure they will ruin that too.
The trailer is visually impressive but I just don't see them salvaging the franchise from the absolute rubbish that was TLJ.

I have the bar set so low, Hermes Conrad could not limbo under it.

I don't care about any of the characters in this movie except maybe Chewbacca, but I am sure they will ruin that too.
The trailer is visually impressive but I just don't see them salvaging the franchise from the absolute rubbish that was TLJ.

I have the bar set so low, Hermes Conrad could not limbo under it.

They better not ruin R2D2 like they ruined BB-8...

I think I know how I want this movie to play out.

The Emperor comes back, turns Rey to the darkside, she kills Kylo and becomes hi apprentice. The Jedi are now all dead and the emperor crushes all remaining resistance finally bringing peace and order to the galaxy.

The Emperor comes back, turns Rey to the darkside, she kills Kylo and becomes hi apprentice. The Jedi are now all dead and the emperor crushes all remaining resistance finally bringing peace and order to the galaxy.

Doesn't quite mesh with the "Rise of Skywalker" title, but that would be an interesting approach. I'd hate for Rey to turn though. As meh as the movies have been, I've always like Rey as a Jedi. I'm wondering how the Skywalker name gets introduced in the movie.

I don't care how this plays out any more than I cared how the last 2 were going to play out... I just want it to be good. TFA was OK and TLJ was terrible. I just want this one to be good, like even a middle tier MCU movie type of good. Basically if it's own internal story line makes sense, then it's already better then most other Star Wars movies outside of the original trilogy.

Doesn't quite mesh with the "Rise of Skywalker" title, but that would be an interesting approach. I'd hate for Rey to turn though. As meh as the movies have been, I've always like Rey as a Jedi. I'm wondering how the Skywalker name gets introduced in the movie.

After TLJ I don't think we need to worry about stuff not making sense.

At this point, I'd probably cheer if that's how it played out. I can't see them doing that, though. No way, no how.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom