Star Wars 9 rise of sky walker [Spoilers] (4 Viewers)

I read an interesting theory that maybe Luke didn't die, but ascended and will or has acquired the powers of both Light & Dark. Apparently there are some Dark side powers that could allow Luke to do some crazy stuff from the "spirit" realm.
That could be pretty cool; Palpatine’s presence could be part of that spirit realm.

It goes on to suggest Skywalker is not referring to the family name, but that of a new type of Jedi/Sith that blends the 2.
Revenge of the Sith
Return of the Jedi
Rise of Skywalker
?

I go to Star Wars movies to reconnect with my childhood, back to a time when my life didn't suck.

Every time I read a review from some liberal SJW that loved the movie for it's 'deconstructionism', I know my opinion is fully validated.

I don't go to movies to be 'educated'...

I like the idea of "Skywalker" being a new order who are a mix of light and dark side.

Or even a sibling rivalry with one light and one dark. Not all that different from Luke and Vader. But a Skywalker having an internal struggle between light and dark like Anikan did could be interesting as well.

A Skywalker based order, eh, idk, I'd rather continue the Jedi legacy. There's just a long tradition of Jedi in SW lore and it involves multiple races and beings from across the galaxy. I'd like to continue that. Maybe another sage similar to Yoda would be cool.

I mean, there are a ton of directions ROS could take, and I'm curious whether ROS will set the stage for another trilogy.

I like the idea of "Skywalker" being a new order who are a mix of light and dark side.

I would be okay with this, too. Quite frankly, I'm very excited for the possibilities of this. There are lots of ways this movie could go.

I would be okay with this, too. Quite frankly, I'm very excited for the possibilities of this. There are lots of ways this movie could go.
Well, it seems it can only go up at this point.

But, seriously, looking forward to seeing Abrams, hopefully, finding a middle ground between fan service member berries, and telling a new story.

In short, TLJ tells a bad story and tells it poorly. Plus, it deliberately breaks ship-to-ship combat in the Star Wars universe. An X-Wing can go into hyperspace. Therefore a hyperspace engine is no larger than the ones on an X-Wing. Therefore, there's no reason to fight ship battles or any battles, for that matter, in any way but flinging lightspeed engines at your opponent. That whole scene was a gigantic middle finger to the entire franchise.
TLJ was made..and this is glaringly obvious, by someone who hated Star Wars.

Last edited:
This guy obviously knows nothing about film and cinema.
The video's thumbnail tells you all you need to know :hihi:

I guess we could go all Cinefix* on TLJ, but honestly, no one needs a degree in cinematography to see the issues with TLJ. Not only did TLJ had issues as a standalone movie, but these issues we aggravated by the established story and the director's disregard for said story.

* For anyone interested, Cinefix is a youtube channel that goes deep into movies and scenes in movies: sound, color palettes, camera angles.... Pretty cool, even if you disagree with what they say. I find their "7 things you (probably) didn't know about ..." installments entertaining.

The video's thumbnail tells you all you need to know :hihi:

I guess we could go all Cinefix* on TLJ, but honestly, no one needs a degree in cinematography to see the issues with TLJ. Not only did TLJ had issues as a standalone movie, but these issues we aggravated by the established story and the director's disregard for said story.

* For anyone interested, Cinefix is a youtube channel that goes deep into movies and scenes in movies: sound, color palettes, camera angles.... Pretty cool, even if you disagree with what they say. I find their "7 things you (probably) didn't know about ..." installments entertaining.
Hopefully, you know I was being sarcastic.

Threads like this is why I sometimes hate the internet. It's way too easy for people to just get entrenched in a position and then push to the extremes. I remember the first time this went around and I started off explaining why I liked the movie... but then it devolved into me starting to believe it was a great movie just to prove the people who hated the movie wrong, and subjectively it looks like the same thing happened for those who didn't like the movie where it appeared to me where some people started off saying that the movie didn't work for them and explaining why and after 50 pages they were declaring it the worst movie in history (again, this is a subjective viewing of that thread).

I think it's ridiculous for people to make declarative statement like - if you like the movie you don't know anything about cinema or star wars because there are plenty of people who know a lot about both who really liked the movie. And the same for the reverse, because there are film and Star Wars fans who hated the movie.

I'm not a film aficionado so I can't speak for that, but I do know and love Star Wars, it was the first movie I ever watched, I've literally memorized the entire first trilogy, read the comics, the books (Legends and now the new canon books)... I think I know Star Wars pretty well, and I really liked the movie. I loved that Rey has no parents, and I love that Snoke died. It worked way more thematically than some background of Snoke being some great mastermind. I think it more easily ties into the themes of the nature of the Force and the Skywalkers role in that.

I also don't think TLJ was a perfect movie -- I think it tried to do too much. I disliked the Canto Bight side story, but again, I really liked the idea of a stupid mad cap plan failing. But I also think it didn't flow very well. I think that, in particular, gave a disjointed feel to the movie that keeps it from being great.

So, I get why people don't like it -- it does things way differently than other Star Wars movies, it has some flow issues which can make it harder to just get lost in the movie. But I swear, any time I hear people start to complain about SJW, I have to just skip the rest. I don't see any SJW issues being forced in the movie and I think that's just someone's own internal worldview pushing itself on the movie.

Threads like this is why I sometimes hate the internet. It's way too easy for people to just get entrenched in a position and then push to the extremes. I remember the first time this went around and I started off explaining why I liked the movie... but then it devolved into me starting to believe it was a great movie just to prove the people who hated the movie wrong, and subjectively it looks like the same thing happened for those who didn't like the movie where it appeared to me where some people started off saying that the movie didn't work for them and explaining why and after 50 pages they were declaring it the worst movie in history (again, this is a subjective viewing of that thread).

I think it's ridiculous for people to make declarative statement like - if you like the movie you don't know anything about cinema or star wars because there are plenty of people who know a lot about both who really liked the movie. And the same for the reverse, because there are film and Star Wars fans who hated the movie.

I'm not a film aficionado so I can't speak for that, but I do know and love Star Wars, it was the first movie I ever watched, I've literally memorized the entire first trilogy, read the comics, the books (Legends and now the new canon books)... I think I know Star Wars pretty well, and I really liked the movie. I loved that Rey has no parents, and I love that Snoke died. It worked way more thematically than some background of Snoke being some great mastermind. I think it more easily ties into the themes of the nature of the Force and the Skywalkers role in that.

I also don't think TLJ was a perfect movie -- I think it tried to do too much. I disliked the Canto Bight side story, but again, I really liked the idea of a stupid mad cap plan failing. But I also think it didn't flow very well. I think that, in particular, gave a disjointed feel to the movie that keeps it from being great.

So, I get why people don't like it -- it does things way differently than other Star Wars movies, it has some flow issues which can make it harder to just get lost in the movie. But I swear, any time I hear people start to complain about SJW, I have to just skip the rest. I don't see any SJW issues being forced in the movie and I think that's just someone's own internal worldview pushing itself on the movie.
You know what? While I may disagree with you, thank you for making your own points rather than talking down to those who don't agree with you. Honestly, can't like this post enough.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom