Star Wars: Andor (1 Viewer)

it was a really good movie, considering it sprung from a single line of dialogue in the original movie, the great cost of getting the Death Star's plans.

I didn’t dig R1 the first time I saw it (I don‘t know why), but if you ask me to watch any SW movie right now, it’d be that one.
I was looking forward to it and a lot of people weren't because of that lazy excuse of "we know how the story ends" narrative. It's the same argument against origin stories for certain characters. I WANTED to know how they got the Death Star plans, I don't care if they all die at the end and I know that beforehand, just show it to me. People didn't want this movie, they didn't want The Joker and there may be another that I can't remember but those two prove that those stories can work. I'm willing to bet that Andor is going to be excellent and further cement how great Rogue One is. It's easily the best non episode Star Wars movie ever and I have it as their 3rd best Star Wars movie overall.

Reviews seem pretty strong. I love the trailer and the R1 feel to it. Hoping to get to all 3 tonight.

Made it through episode 1 this morning. It's a slow burn, but really good. Acting is on point, they are laying out some mysteries, and it's an interesting look at how people lived and survived in the age of the Empire. It definitely feels different than anything else we've seen in this universe. Far more gritty.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom