Reaction score
don't watch much tv, so my threshold for meh is pretty low

2022-12-01 15.33.22.png

three eps, each under an hour

make the time. you're welcome.

Wisco Steve

WI 3/4 FL 1/4
Reaction score
Finally got around to watching the finale last night.
What an epic episode to finish off one of the finest written and acted shows I've seen.
I guess the only real question I have; did Andor return to Luthen's ship to actually die--from the grief of what all happened since he left? Or was it to team up and take the rebellion spark to the next level, which is what I presumed?
I am also really curious about his sister and can't possibly believe the writers forgot about this...just seems like it given Andor suddenly had A LOT of stuff going on that he was just seriously waylaid in his quest.

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Finally got around to watching the finale last night.
What an epic episode to finish off one of the finest written and acted shows I've seen.
I guess the only real question I have; did Andor return to Luthen's ship to actually die--from the grief of what all happened since he left? Or was it to team up and take the rebellion spark to the next level, which is what I presumed?
I am also really curious about his sister and can't possibly believe the writers forgot about this...just seems like it given Andor suddenly had A LOT of stuff going on that he was just seriously waylaid in his quest.
he knew Luthen was there to kill him (why else would he be there?)
so he was facing a lifetime of running from The Empire AND Luthen or to take Marva's speech to heart and try/fight

the sister 'might' be a macguffin - Maarva told him to forget about her - and if the search for sister was the only thing giving him purpose and now he has another purpose, it would honor Maarva's memory by accepting the futility of his quest
- while that could work for a written story, that's hard to pull off for tv/film
BUT that seems to be something Tony Gilroy gets off on - making narrative traps completely obvious once revealed

Last edited:
OP
OP
nolaspe

nolaspe

Slava Ukraini!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Cool breakdown on Luthen's ship (and him as a character to a bit)...

Wisco Steve

WI 3/4 FL 1/4
Reaction score
Did anyone read the theory that Luthen has some former Jedi allegiance?
I thought it was pretty dumb but they lay it out rather coherently...I think it was ScreenRant?

Mr. Sparkle

Disrespectful to dirt
Reaction score
Finally got around to watching this - probably my favorite SW tv experience outside of the Mandalorian. Which makes me feel sorta bad considering those are the 2 least "Star Wars-y" shows they've made. Andor was more like a BBC crime/prison drama than anything else. Not a single "Force moment" in the entire season. But Rogue One was my favorite post OG trilogy movie so I guess it makes sense.

My only quibble is that based on the post-credits scene, the Death Star looks like its about 2 weeks away from being completed at the end of S1. If there is a S2 it will have to take place over a very short time frame IMO. (But it was also cool to get a payoff to the prison labor scenes and what they were assembling - kinda reminded me of Severance)

Last edited:

Scorpius the Allfather

Dream Theater fanatic!
Reaction score
Finally got around to watching this - probably my favorite SW tv experience outside of the Mandalorian. Which makes me feel sorta bad considering those are the 2 least "Star Wars-y" shows they've made. Andor was more like a BBC crime/prison drama than anything else. Not a single "Force moment" in the entire season. But Rogue One was my favorite post OG trilogy movie so I guess it makes sense.

My only quibble is that based on the post-credits scene, the Death Star looks like its about 2 weeks away from being completed at the end of S1. If there is a S2 it will have to take place over a very short time frame IMO. (But it was also cool to get a payoff to the prison labor scenes and what they were assembling - kinda reminded me of Severance)
The outside looks complete but the inside could still have a ways to go. In the timeline, it's about 2 years away from completion I think. And S2 will take place over 4 years. S1 was 5 years away from Rogue One and showed an entire year, now it will be a year per 3 episodes with the very last one connecting to Rogue One.

UncleTrvlingJim

Administrator
Administrator
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
So I finally finished watching this series... I made the mistake (not really) of agreeing to watch this with my 17 year old son, and apparently getting on his calendar is getting tougher and tougher. So it took us a while to get through them all... but holy cow it was worth it.

I loved this series, it was just so well done. Really looking forward to the next season.

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
So I finally finished watching this series... I made the mistake (not really) of agreeing to watch this with my 17 year old son, and apparently getting on his calendar is getting tougher and tougher. So it took us a while to get through them all... but holy cow it was worth it.

I loved this series, it was just so well done. Really looking forward to the next season.
Did he like it?

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
He loved it. It was good bonding time as well.
Nice
We watched as whole family- as could be expected, there were parts were the 8 yr old drifted (the lack of Siths was a significant issue) and he loves antagonizing the 14yr old which of course gets the wife involved
Aside from the raucous living room, it was an incredible experience (but I’d probably prefer just me and the 14yr old watch first together)

UncleTrvlingJim

Administrator
Administrator
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Nice
We watched as whole family- as could be expected, there were parts were the 8 yr old drifted (the lack of Siths was a significant issue) and he loves antagonizing the 14yr old which of course gets the wife involved
Aside from the raucous living room, it was an incredible experience (but I’d probably prefer just me and the 14yr old watch first together)

My other two aren't super into Star Wars (they watched the movies with me to humor me, and my middle one sort of watched Rebels), but my oldest has always enjoyed it to some degree. He's not a huge nerd about it, but he usually watches all the main shows and movies - it's just hard to get him to sit down for any amount of time. He's become a lot more social his senior year, which is great, but also means he hangs out at home less. It's great, but also means I really have to schedule stuff and really remember to enjoy the time together.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom