Star Wars: Andor (2 Viewers)

I didn't realize this until afterwards but something didn't make sense.
Them releasing that prisoner but really just transferring him makes no sense at all. Of course he's going to tell everyone that he was supposed to be released and served his time and yet was sent back to prison and of course that would cause a problem where they have to kill everyone. Just kill him outright or drum up fake charges to keep him there without "releasing" him. All it did was literally create a problem that didn't need to be created. Great episode though.

I didn't realize this until afterwards but something didn't make sense.
Them releasing that prisoner but really just transferring him makes no sense at all. Of course he's going to tell everyone that he was supposed to be released and served his time and yet was sent back to prison and of course that would cause a problem where they have to kill everyone. Just kill him outright or drum up fake charges to keep him there without "releasing" him. All it did was literally create a problem that didn't need to be created. Great episode though.
They said that he was supposed to be sent to Level 4, but accidentally went to 2. My take on that was that 4 was where they always sent "released" prisoners, so it wouldn't matter if they talked.

Yes, but I still think my theory that "released" prisoners are sent to a special section holds up, because he was sent to a regular level by mistake.
Didn’t they kill everyone on level 2? The one guy commented that they were “released”.

Didn’t they kill everyone on level 2? The one guy commented that they were “released”.
I think he could be right. He was on 4 and got sent to 2. He probably wasn't supposed to go to 2 but a different level where everyone there was "released". Once he got sent to 2, he told everyone like he would've on the right level but since he went to the wrong one and told everybody it probably caused a small mutiny and so they had to zap everyone.

I think he could be right. He was on 4 and got sent to 2. He probably wasn't supposed to go to 2 but a different level where everyone there was "released". Once he got sent to 2, he told everyone like he would've on the right level but since he went to the wrong one and told everybody it probably caused a small mutiny and so they had to zap everyone.
The show has done the best job so far of showing the empire prioritizes order and efficiency to competence - in all of ISB they’re showing us all of 2 people who care about doing a good job - everyone else is cya
And Andor adds this episode how the empire/prison guards just don’t care enough about the prisoners to worry about them
So mistakes like putting the wrong prisoner in the wrong place should not be a surprise- it should be expected

The show has done the best job so far of showing the empire prioritizes order and efficiency to competence - in all of ISB they’re showing us all of 2 people who care about doing a good job - everyone else is cya
And Andor adds this episode how the empire/prison guards just don’t care enough about the prisoners to worry about them
So mistakes like putting the wrong prisoner in the wrong place should not be a surprise- it should be expected
I get it but the Emperor waited decades to see his plan come to fruition and it all gets undone because of incompetence? His plan never should've worked then. "Decades of meticulous planning led to the creation of the Empire but now that we have an Empire, you can just phone it in now." I don't think I like that but the show is still awesome, that hasn't changed.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom