Star Wars: Andor (1 Viewer)

I get it but the Emperor waited decades to see his plan come to fruition and it all gets undone because of incompetence? His plan never should've worked then. "Decades of meticulous planning led to the creation of the Empire but now that we have an Empire, you can just phone it in now." I don't think I like that but the show is still awesome, that hasn't changed.
i'm beginning to feel Dedra is some sort of Empire comp
so she rises to the top with talent and tenacity
then she gets an asst who is a 'mini me' - he is someone who can help her in the short term but will, almost inevitably, gun for her in the long run bc the org structure seems to compel it. very Sith-like
then you add Syril to the mix. He's another who 'should' be an asset to Dedra, but instead of structural corruption, he is an example of how, even for true believers, human variation cannot be regimented

and now that i've written that, i'm curious if there isn't some kind of Schroedingers cat thing going on with both the asst and Syril - that they are both damaging and helpful (to dedra) and she won't know which until she opens the box

8F5B2EF9-77C1-45DF-A510-5CC19494B8D7.jpeg

giphy.gif

I knew that there had to be an insider at ISB. I thought it would be Dedra, oh well. I guess she was too unattached, wouldn't create the drama that a new father would. I wonder if he will step up and be the "hero" when needed or if his fears for his family will get him caught. That is the drama they needed, not some loner with nothing to lose.
When they all jumped in the water, my first thought was "where are they going to swim to?" I hadn't realized there was land nearby.
Are we finally going to get a space battle? A good ole, against all odds rebel attack? Hope so.

Best episode yet...hopefully it gets even better.
This episode really drove home the sacrifices and hard choices that people need to make to end tyranny. It's easy to just keep living your life hoping you aren't next to be stomped on, but it's harder to give up everything so other's can have the peace you will never have.

This episode was very good and finally made Star Wars feel grounded to me.

I think my favorite part about Luthen is that he keeps his damn mouth shut. He doesn't brag about the victories he's won, in fact he down plays his part in them. He did this to Saw and to Lonnie. He knows that it's not about winning points or bragging rights, it's about freeing the Galaxy without taking credit. The goal is way bigger than individual credit, although there needs to be heroes when possible to inspire others.

I think my favorite part about Luthen is that he keeps his damn mouth shut. He doesn't brag about the victories he's won, in fact he down plays his part in them. He did this to Saw and to Lonnie. He knows that it's not about winning points or bragging rights, it's about freeing the Galaxy without taking credit. The goal is way bigger than individual credit, although there needs to be heroes when possible to inspire others.
and bc of that, you see he's not playing politics - he's not positioning himself for what happens after the rebellion
and he's not even an agent of chaos like Saw - he's monomaniacal about his purpose

and bc of that, you see he's not playing politics - he's not positioning himself for what happens after the rebellion
and he's not even an agent of chaos like Saw - he's monomaniacal about his purpose
Me liking this show is proof that I don't only like violence in movies or shows. I remember saying that I didn't care for Moon Knight because Moon Knight is barely in his own show and people countered that I didn't like it because it didn't have more violence. Child please! Maybe I just want the character whom the show is named after to actually be in said show but enough of that, Andor is da bomb! Oh, I read that the second season will show the 2-5 years leading up to Rogue One so am I to assume that the show will end with season 2?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom