Star Wars: Andor (2 Viewers)

Just binged this thread and no one brought up that Vel was the waif from Game of Thrones that terrorized Aria. (sits back and awaits a chorus of Duh!s from this TV saavy crowd)

I binged the series at my daughter's house over the Thanksgiving holiday. Wow. Then reading this thread as you were watching in real time was fun and filled in a gaps that I had questions about.

Also nice to see the love for Rogue 1. It may be my favorite of the movies.
I realized it just as soon as you said it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I finished watching Breaking Bad again several weeks ago and it wasn't until afterwards that I realized 2 of the actor's were in Stargate SG-1. Gale and Ted. Gale was in season 1 as the leader of a less developed planet that has a disease that reverts people back to cavemen and Ted was Carter's wife in the future episode 2010 with the evil Aschen. This was literally days after when I was outside smoking and then I figured it out. What kind of delayed reaction was that?

noticed other black mirror actors as the season went on

mon's buddy tay kolma also played uk chancellor in the killer bees episode "hated in the nation" (also in which vel plays the junior detective)

mon's husband perrin was also the tv network producer in the first ep of black mirror

no mystery in these fine castings since sanne wohlenberg produces andor, as she did black mirror and chernobyl

Last edited:
noticed another black mirror actor as the season went on, mon's buddy tay kolma

he played uk chancellor in the killer bees episode "hated in the nation" (also in which vel plays the junior detective)

no mystery in these fine castings since sanne wohlenberg produces andor, as she did black mirror and chernobyl
Chernobyl was awesome but I haven't seen Black Mirror.

Just binged this thread and no one brought up that Vel was the waif from Game of Thrones that terrorized Aria. (sits back and await a chorus of Duh!s from this TV saavy crowd)

I binged the series at my daughter's house over the Thanksgiving holiday. Wow. Then reading this thread as you were watching in real time was fun and filled in a gaps that I had questions about.

Also nice to see the love for Rogue 1. It may be my favorite of the movies.

Duh.

Also Major Partagaz was Qyburn in Thrones.

there aren't many of them, but they're top quality, sort of near-future-meets-twilight zone
There are too many shows out there now. There are probably up to a dozen if I really thought about it not to mention me wanting to re-watch older shows. I have to watch Stargate Atlantis and Universe, gotta hit up Farscape again, Oz, Babylon 5.

Finally got around to watching the finale last night.
What an epic episode to finish off one of the finest written and acted shows I've seen.
I guess the only real question I have; did Andor return to Luthen's ship to actually die--from the grief of what all happened since he left? Or was it to team up and take the rebellion spark to the next level, which is what I presumed?
I am also really curious about his sister and can't possibly believe the writers forgot about this...just seems like it given Andor suddenly had A LOT of stuff going on that he was just seriously waylaid in his quest.

Finally got around to watching the finale last night.
What an epic episode to finish off one of the finest written and acted shows I've seen.
I guess the only real question I have; did Andor return to Luthen's ship to actually die--from the grief of what all happened since he left? Or was it to team up and take the rebellion spark to the next level, which is what I presumed?
I am also really curious about his sister and can't possibly believe the writers forgot about this...just seems like it given Andor suddenly had A LOT of stuff going on that he was just seriously waylaid in his quest.
he knew Luthen was there to kill him (why else would he be there?)
so he was facing a lifetime of running from The Empire AND Luthen or to take Marva's speech to heart and try/fight

the sister 'might' be a macguffin - Maarva told him to forget about her - and if the search for sister was the only thing giving him purpose and now he has another purpose, it would honor Maarva's memory by accepting the futility of his quest
- while that could work for a written story, that's hard to pull off for tv/film
BUT that seems to be something Tony Gilroy gets off on - making narrative traps completely obvious once revealed

Last edited:
Cool breakdown on Luthen's ship (and him as a character to a bit)...

Did anyone read the theory that Luthen has some former Jedi allegiance?
I thought it was pretty dumb but they lay it out rather coherently...I think it was ScreenRant?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom