Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge (1 Viewer)

Optimus Prime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Will anyone be going to Disney’s new Star Wars Land this summer? (It doesn’t open at Disney World until the end of August)

I used to love the old Star Tours ride

I wish that it was based on the original trilogy instead of the newer movies though

I’m curious what the visitor reviews say
===========================

ANAHEIM, Calif. (AP) — Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge is on the same land as Disneyland, but stepping into the new attraction transports visitors to an entirely different world.

The theme park offered media a glimpse into Galaxy’s Edge on Wednesday. The exclusive tour included a Star Wars-themed food tasting, a stroll through the Black Spire Outpost marketplace and four-minute ride on the Millennium Falcon......

Guests can build their own droids and lightsabers and interact with aliens . They can also step into the cockpit of the Millennium Falcon, the exact replica of the ship from the films, measuring more than 100 feet long. The interactive experience allows a team of six people to operate the spacecraft during the interactive experience...........

Living in Florida, we will be waiting until the new resort opens before we go. But I have yet to see any updates on when it will be ready for people to stay in.
If I am going to drop the cash, I am going full nerd.

I'm going in November. For my 20th wedding anniversary. My wife is an amazingly tolerant woman.

The reviews are phenomenal right now. But it's coming from Disney Cast Members and people with links to Disney, so it's expected to be glowing.

Only one ride will be ready at opening... Smuggler's Run where you get to "pilot" the Millenium Falcon. The second ride will be later this year and that one really looks incredible.

Crowds are going to be a huge issue, and I'm curious to see how they handle it. At Disney World they're going to go with Extra Extra Magic Hours, opening the part at 6AM for Disney Resort guests. Yes, I'll be going at 6AM my first day (which is the last day they'll have those EEMHs).

The new Star Wars hotel won't be ready for 2 or 3 more years. It's just starting construction now.

We’re planning to go to Disneyland next year for Spring Break. Hoping the crowds won’t be quite as bad by then.

will it be an addition cost to get in? or is it included in the general admission ticket?

will it be an addition cost to get in? or is it included in the general admission ticket?

It's included. At Disney World it will be a part of Hollywood Studios. At Disneyland it will be a part of the main park.

Oh yeah, at Disneyland for the first month or so (I forget exactly how long), you had to make reservations in advance for the Galaxy's Edge section. It was free, but you still had to get it in advance, and it booked up completely almost immediately. After that initial run they're going to go with Virtual Queue's where you show up and they give you a time that you can come back and see the land, and rides.

Disneyworld is waiting to see how this works at Disneyland before trying anything similar

I read about the rides and they seemed to be screens with moving and rumbling seats. That didn't impress me much. This spring I went and rode the Avatar ride, and I must say I walked away stunned at how immersive it was. Everyone in our family agreed that it was the best ride in all of Disneyworld. If they can duplicate or top that, it will be amazing.

A fastpass during the Extended Magic Hours is the best way to go. You have to stay in the resort to get access to them. Fastpasses are now online reservations only. They become available sooner for resort guests. You will need to be online like six months to the day of your visit at the moment they go up which is something like 9am. They will be gone in minutes.

After you fail to get a fast pass, your only shot at a somewhat reasonable wait time will be to rope drop hollywood during early magic hours and dash to that section to wait in a queue to wait in line again. Otherwise, it will be a 3-4hr wait at any other time. I think I will wait a year for the popularity to die down.

Minor correction, you can only make FastPass reservations 60 days in advance if you're staying at Disney resort (30 days in advance if you are not). At the moment, they are not doing fastpasses for Smuggler's Run, so your only options are to get there at rope drop or wait in line.

You know your Disney tricks! Let us know how the ride is after you go.

Will do, I suspect it's going to be crazy crowded for a number of years. I haven't been to Pandora yet, and Flight of Passage still has like 3 hour waits all the time, and it's been open for 2 years. But it sounds like you loved it, so that's a definite must do for us this trip as well.

I'm planning on going to Disneyland some time this summer, but we have a little one so if the lines to Galaxy's Edge are long then we'll be skipping it. Looks really cool though.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom