Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge (2 Viewers)

has anyone been?

I'm going in a couple of months. I didnt see any point in going before Rise of the Resistance opened, which is a major reason I think early attendance was sluggish. Opening without the marquee ride was a weird move.

We went in August. Wasn't even planning on riding the Star Wars ride since I thought the wait was still four hours, but was pleasantly surprised to only have 45 minute waits. The whole area is really cool with Storm Troopers on patrol, Chewbacca roaming around and other Star Wars characters roaming around the area.

When you're in line it looks like you're actually entering the ship. The Millennium Falcon ride is actually in the mountain behind the ship you see in the video, that ship is just for show. Once you get inside there's a staging area with around 30 people, you separate into groups of six and a worker gives each member in your group a card which designates your assignment on the mission. Each group is then ushered into their own cockpits. Two pilots, two gunners and two engineers (I think). The two pilots fly the ship, two gunners press buttons on the side panels to shoot, and I'm guessing the engineers are pressing buttons as they flash on their panels.

I only rode it once, my nephews went twice and made sure they were the pilots on the 2nd ride. I can see die hard Star War fans needing to ride three times just to experience being a pilot, gunner and engineer. To me, anything but pilot is wack.

We haven't been to Disney in like 5 years. We mostly do Universal now. Went on the new Hagrid ride. That was fun, despite the brutal wait.

We went in August. Wasn't even planning on riding the Star Wars ride since I thought the wait was still four hours, but was pleasantly surprised to only have 45 minute waits. The whole area is really cool with Storm Troopers on patrol, Chewbacca roaming around and other Star Wars characters roaming around the area.

When you're in line it looks like you're actually entering the ship. The Millennium Falcon ride is actually in the mountain behind the ship you see in the video, that ship is just for show. Once you get inside there's a staging area with around 30 people, you separate into groups of six and a worker gives each member in your group a card which designates your assignment on the mission. Each group is then ushered into their own cockpits. Two pilots, two gunners and two engineers (I think). The two pilots fly the ship, two gunners press buttons on the side panels to shoot, and I'm guessing the engineers are pressing buttons as they flash on their panels.

I only rode it once, my nephews went twice and made sure they were the pilots on the 2nd ride. I can see die hard Star War fans needing to ride three times just to experience being a pilot, gunner and engineer. To me, anything but pilot is wack.

So was sitting in the cockpit of the Millennium Falcon awesomely geektastic?

For around $3000 you can get the following.

2 adults/2 kids

6 nights at the lower level resorts (which are still Disney awesome and do close to the parks.

5 days of park hopper tix for all to all 4 parks.
(Park hopper and DW resort is the way to go....hit a park early, go back to hotel around 2:00....swim, nap, chill, shower, dinner, and walk back into another park, totally refreshed, around 6:00)

Free food for your entire stay (if you book during free dining promotions....which is periodically through the year)

We just got back.....Saints Seattle Sunday through the Next Saturday.

Absolutely wonderful trip and worth every penny.

For around $3000 you can get the following.

2 adults/2 kids

6 nights at the lower level resorts (which are still Disney awesome and do close to the parks.

5 days of park hopper tix for all to all 4 parks.
(Park hopper and DW resort is the way to go....hit a park early, go back to hotel around 2:00....swim, nap, chill, shower, dinner, and walk back into another park, totally refreshed, around 6:00)

Free food for your entire stay (if you book during free dining promotions....which is periodically through the year)

We just got back.....Saints Seattle Sunday through the Next Saturday.

Absolutely wonderful trip and worth every penny.

wish i couldve gotten a free dining promotion. assuming they didnt have that during thanksgiving week. i'm spending 3200 for 2 adults, 2 kids, lower level resort for 6 nights, 5 days of passes (no park hopper), photo package. but the dining package was around 1300 i think. so i declined. we're going to pack our own stuff.

Literally just got back today, and I loved every second I was there.

Rise of the Resistance is the most detailed, cinematic, immersive, and incredible theme park ride I've ever ridden. It's like you're living out a Star Wars action set piece. The queue alone is significantly better than many rides. I regret I was only able to ride it once. And even beyond all of that, the trackless system on the ride is great. You're really moving quick in that transport.

Also, blue milk is way better than green milk, but if you get tequila in your green milk it tastes better.

It wasn't a ride - it was an experience

It absolutely was. Just blew me away. I need to ride it again because so much is going on as you're going through I know I missed things.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom